My N16 Almera

Ok guys, thought I'd post in here to get a thread started to keep my updates going as there should be a bit happening in the land of my car over the next few weeks and months.

Got wheels coming next week and all things going well, should have it lowered, exhausted and possibly colour coded by the end of summer.

Here's how she looks on the outside at the moment...(probably been seen already)

wax002.jpg

wax009.jpg

Today I replaced my "covered in blue shite" door handle with one I got from nissan1st. Bastard of a job - need 8 hands and I wouldn't recommend doing it alone.

handle1.jpg

Looking good.

I see your looking at a K&N filter as a mod.
I put in a K&N 57i induction kit on my N16 1.5 and took it out again a couple of months later.
Acceleration and power in low gears was smoother but it seemed to loose a lot of power at high speed in high gear.
I put the old airbox back in with a Green panel filter and there was improvement all round.
Admittedly the K&N 57i may be better on the 1.8 (mine's 1.5) and/or with a sport's exhaust and heat-shielding round the cone but as the only mod I was not impressed.

Aye, it's not an induction kit, just a replacement filter at the moment. It seems to work quite nicely.

lol, yeah the handles can be a bit of a bastard, the window, and door actuator get in the way. bit ackward.

the K57i kit seems ok, on my 1.8, although if you give it maximum beans with the right foot, not that id ever suggest you do this on the public highway u understand, it drinks fuel!!! lol

dub_almera said:
nice clean n16 you have mate :D:D what wheels are going on it?

As long as Rochford don't fuck up my order again - 16" Anthracite Multispokes should be fitted by thursday. Should look grand when it's lowered.

Update! (pics tomorrow)

Bought an exhaust trim off e-bay for less than £10 delivered. It looks pretty good. Better than the standard one anyway.

The wheels are on and fitted. I'm impressed. Glad I picked the anthracite.

StuN16Sport said:
although if you give it maximum beans with the right foot it drinks fuel!!! lol

Pretty much understatement of 2007 there... LoL yeah not exactly impressed with mine's (then again mine's is needing a clean :p )

Anywho seen this car in person - looking rather nice 'n' clean i would say...

With the anthracite wheels and lowered - i reckon it would look minted

P.S. How does the exhaust trim look?

Looks good. Its sorta like yours in that it's oval, except it sits a bit more straight rather than pointy downward like yours.

You're right, It'll look the shizzle when lowered. Will be a coupla months before that happens though.

PIC UPDATE!!

Exhaust trim
exhaust.jpg

Wheels
wheels1.jpg

wheels3.jpg

Also fitted the AOC stickers I got this morning (thanks rick)

My car had a service today and they picked up on the bushes I spoke about before. Getting new bushes fitted next week by nissan (buggered if I ken how to). Also needs new pads, which I'll do in a couple of weeks. The final new thing ordered was a p2 rear wiper arm as I liked it on Pauls.

Looking sweet my man! :shades: :thumb:

Can you possibly get a square on side shot, to show them off better?

Well nice! :D

Update!

My rear wiper blade was broke so needed a new one. Decided to do the p2 Wiper mod. £16 for arm,nut and blade direct from nissan.

wiper2.jpg

wiper1.jpg

Whaddya reckon?

I also changed the plugs for NGK's, and front pads for Mintex (they needed replacing anyway). Gonna get the callipers off and paint them, probably red but maybe black?

An unexpected mod was to get some welding done on the front crossmember as it was corroded and holed.

Cool, looks good. Wheels look great, too.

I ended up with a P2 blade on mine but it doesn't look quite right with the P1 arm so I may go for the whole arm if it's that cheap.

If you're considering lowering on springs only I'd recommend paying a little extra and getting Eibach - I got mine fitted last week and they are absolutely great.

I got the Pro Kit (30mm drop) but the drop is barely noticable to the eye even when parked next to an N16 with stock springs (but the difference is very obvious in the handling).

The Eibach Sport Kit (45mm drop) may be required if you want it to really look dropped but I don't know if you'll get away with stock dampers on that big a drop.

I'm -35mm on apex springs, my wheels still sit below the arches by 3/4" (though the front may go lower in the next month) If you're after the subtle OEM look 35mm is perfect.

I'm waiting on that dude in for sale confirming that the 3/5 door lowering springs would be the same. If they are, I'm having his Apex springs as those are what I was going to get anyway.

Back
Top Bottom