How To... remove bumper and lights

S

scdavis

This is a rough guide on how to remove the front bumper and lights and prepare for the black all in 1 lights.
*some pics included for diagram purposes* (sorry bout the quality - was using my phone)

wiring diagram will be added later. so lets crack on......

1) unlock car and open bonnet :)

2) undo the little black clips (pictured and ringed below)
Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0021.jpg

3) now they are all undone, gently pull the front towards you and up at the same time (it will be released), then undo the last 2 clips as pictured.
Photo-0009.jpg

4) now all the front clips are undone turn the car on and full lock one way to expose the mud guard covers. If you feel under at the bottom (or stick your head under) you'll see/feel a screw or bolt, this needs to be undone
Photo-0010-1.jpg

5) now pull back the cover and run your fingers up to where the bumper joins the wing ull feel another bolt, this needs to be undone
Photo-0011.jpg

6) all the bolts are undone BARING 2, these are behind the old indicators. To remove these look at where the indicator and headlight joins and you should see a silver piece of plastic (clip) out of the back of it. squeeze the clip down and push towards you (this will release the indicator) dont forget to unclip the wiring aswell.
Photo-0014.jpg

7) unfortunately i have removed these bolt holders but can show you where they are, it needs to be undone (you cant miss it once the indicator is undone and out). - its the bit where there is white paint.
Photo-0019.jpg

8) the only thing now holding the bumper on is gravity and 2 push clips under the bottom, get on ur back and look up (as if u were going under the car) you should see the clips (as pictured). These need to be undone.
Photo-0015.jpg

9) now preferably with some help each get a side of the bumper (by the wing) and pull up a tiny bit and out, this will unclip it from the side and off the car)

10) now the bumper is off if you have fogs ull see wiring thats still connecting the bumper to the car. unclip and away the bumper goes as per piccies.
Photo-0016.jpg

11) hopefully you will be left with something simular to this (baring the new lights)
Photo-0017.jpg

12) remember to now undo the old lights using the normal 10mm bolts
Photo-0022.jpg

13) this is the scary bit for some people but i love to cut and chop things up :D the bar that goes between the 2 vertical pieces of metal (behind the headlight) which used 2 connect the light to the indicator needs to be cut out. for illustration purposes the screw driver is playing the part of the cut out metal :)
Photo-0020.jpg

also the other square shape with paint on it needs to be hammered in slightly (it fouls on the new light cluster)

14) last bit of cutting is on the side of the bumper where the bolt holding it up under the indicator went, this needs to be removed, again as it fouls on the side of the new clustor
Photo-0018.jpg

guess what your all done with modification APART from the wiring,

you can now trial fit the new lights, (remember no plugs will go straight in)

IF you wanted to put the bumper back on just to see wot it looks like follow back from step10ish

hope it helps out a bit, and ill post up sum wiring diagrams and pics in the nxt few days for you.

nice write up :) I broken a few of them black clips. I think the N16 phase 2 clips are slightly different they seem to be brittle. the clips are about 60p each by the way as I need some

Can we make this a sticky?

Not only is it good for showing how to fit these headlights (as it's a commonly asked question) it also shows you how to remove and re-fit the bumper

I got a Nissan Technical Handbook CD-ROM and its naff - top marks fella!

Well my P2 Headlights courtesy of Fleebay arrived today so combining that with the wiring diagram i have courtesy of the Technical Manual from Nissan i should "hopefully" have it done today me thinks...

If not i'll probably end up shorting out my car or something - either way the results will be interesting

Wish me luck!

*EDIT*

Hit my talent wall trying to decipher the wiring diagram - plus i don't have a solder and can't be arsed fannying about with it...

Until another day i think

^ phase 1 to phase 2 N16 headlight conversion.
Please can a mod make this sticky.... :D I knew I'd find it :p

So has scdavis done this conversion already? I'm confused as his Almera is a 'W' reg and its got the facelift headlights already!?

My bad! I've read it properly now, i understand! :O:p

So has scdavis done this conversion already? I'm confused as his Almera is a 'W' reg and its got the facelift headlights already!?

My bad! I've read it properly now, i understand! :O:p

if your thinking of the conversion make sure when you buy the none recalled head lights if your grabbing them from ebay there are loads of Phase 2 recall head lights. The phase 2 head lights had a recall and then nissan replaced the head light and then the old headlights are thrown in the bin but there are loads of them on ebay. you can't tell the difference* till you fit them to the car. The recall headlights had a very poor vison

*don't quote me on that

Darren

I was gonna do this to mine and got as far as buying the lights and right wiring plugs etc-then while i was mera spotting on the way to work over a few days realised that i like the originals better-spent a few quid on bulbs and it looks miles better-got osram diadems in the indicators,nightbreakers for dip/main beam and philips silverstars in the fogs-i live in the sticks and spend a fair bit of time on back country roads and i can see for fukin' miles lol

I actually would love to do this

but i can't get the 'projectors' where i am (Trinidad and Tobago)

I will be in New York for a couple weeks (from Dec21st)

and was wondering if anyone knew where i can get a pair and how much it would cost me...

my almera is the exact model as the one in the pictures btw

and ppl keep stealing my corner lights, this is part of the reason why i wanna install the ''one piece'' headlight.(plus the black one look uber cool

Unfortunately mate I think the sentra (US model) had a different shaped headlight, so unless you could get some shipped over from the uk?

who willing to help a brother out

I'm staying somewhere in Long Island

Whats the UK cost

and how much would it cost to ship from the Uk to the US

Thanks alot dude, this was really helpfull my modification on the phase 1 Almera sport+ has the sexy phase 2 lights on them now. I'l be posting pics 2moro or sometime this week wen I get time lol. But cheers for this mate was relly helpfull.

Back
Top Bottom