Just a couple of detail changes . . . .

This is what the front & rear of the car look like now, but the front will be changing with an addition very soon :)

071109002.jpg

071109003.jpg

Lost your orginal members ride thread? :rolleyes:

Bigger pictures please! :) 'R' addition :D Front badge looks MILES better Paul, nice move. I still think the chrome bits painted black would look better than those nismo badges though.

it's just they stick out like a sore thumb and I know how you like subtlety so it confuses me :confused:. Especially when there's nothing nismo on the car! End of day though that my opinion and it's what you're happy with that matters :).

Ah crap i did?! Erm, is the reverse light on that side? Tinted it red? Unless the borderd plates are new?

it's just they stick out like a sore thumb and I know how you like subtlety so it confuses me :confused:. Especially when there's nothing nismo on the car! End of day though that my opinion and it's what you're happy with that matters :).

The Nismo badges are just a stopgap that've ended up staying on longer than intended ! :lol:

The other change is that I've omitted the rear Nissan badge from beside the wiper ;)

Neither is the 'ring sticker right in the middle of the bumper. What times did you get out of interest?

Neither is the 'ring sticker right in the middle of the bumper. What times did you get out of interest?

I posted them in your Nurburgring story. This particular car hasn't been there yet, but my Alfa GTV6 did & my Bravo GT. Took my old Yamaha R1 round as well. :D

Here's a full rear shot just for you Ed - seeing as you asked for one, lol. Plus two extras I took. The grill is under modification as of today !

091109003_edited.jpg

091109001_edited.jpg

091109002_edited.jpg

Looks nice Paul :).

Did you get that 'R' from halfrauds though? :( Why not get an R from another ALMERA badge like I was planning to do with my dCi? :confused:. If you like it fine.

Looks nice Paul :).

Did you get that 'R' from halfrauds though? :( Why not get an R from another ALMERA badge like I was planning to do with my dCi? :confused:. If you like it fine.

Crikey - there's just no pleasing some folks ! :p

No, the 'R' badge is NOT from Halfords & yes it is a different size deliberately. If I had got it from another Almera badge, hardly anyone would notice it & it would be a waste of time being there. As it is now, anyone who has no interest or knowledge of cars will still not notice it. But those who are in the know, might just notice it & be thinking 'hmm, wonder what the 'R' is for ? In other words, it is still sleeper - but with hints to the car enthusiast, just like the intercooler pipe. ;)

Ok, for all those complaining about the Nismo badges - they're off ! :lol: In the end, I wasn't sure about the look I wanted so just put the standard bars back on (but painted black). Also had the exhaust changed for a 2.25" cat-back & the boost & AFR gauges installed.

211109002_edited.jpg

211109003_edited.jpg

211109004_edited.jpg

211109001.jpg

Yes I know, the gauges aren't where everyone else would put them - but the whole idea of the car is to keep it sleeper, no point making a big show of them on the dash or pillar. They're also illuminated & would be a bit distracting at night, so they're down low but still easily read. :)

Looking sweet Paul! :thumbs: Like the R bit on the badge :)

Where did you go for your exhaust, and how come you chose 2.25" over 2.5"?

Thanks goodness those nismo badges have gone :p

Thanks Liam :)

As the standard exhaust bore is only 1.75", a change to 2.5" would have made it very boomy. As it is, when they first fitted the cat-back it was ASBO loud & that's not an exaggeration. I had a headache within 15 mins of driving it because there weren't any zones where it went quiet - it was just noisy all the time:roll: So as that wasn't what I wanted or asked for, MIJ agreed to take it back in & change the rear box for a bigger quieter one. I've probably lost a couple of horses because of that, but I don't care because I can drive it w/out cringeing or having that horrible resonance bouncing through the cabin. At 70 mph you can hold a conversation easily, but at idle it has a nice burble to it. :) It was £275 fitted.

You know my thoughts Paul :thumb:

Need an overall photo of this beast now :).

fair enough :) that seems like a very good price aswell! Did you go for a sports cat in the end, or did you stick with the oe one?

MIJ seem to have a very good rep from the members on here, im definatly considering them for when i get round to getting my zorst done :)

Back
Top Bottom