N16 Headlights Modifications??????????

im bored of how my n16's hedlights look now and really would like to modify them,
any ideas or links 2 websites that could help????
:lol:
seen this pic on a previous thread i know it is just photoshoped
i really like it though and want my hedlights like this....
(the silver photoshopped n16 image)

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/showthread.php?t=33027

help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol!!!

You can fit the phase 2 black N16 headlight they look pretty sweet on a Phase one, think you have to trim some body work to get them to fit and a little rewiring I 'm sure theres a how to somewhere, aftermarket ones I don't think there's any out there for the N16

Ooooooooooooooo never seen the insides painted on an N16 P1 till now, that's feckin sweeeeeeeeeeet!!

If you're gonna go for P2 lights buddy be careful as a lot of the lights on ebay are actually recalled items which is why they are going so cheap. They have a tendency to melt or soemthing...ed'll know more :)

Oh also Depo make aftermarket lights for the N16 but you best check they are not for a LHD car. Search for 'depo' in threads started by Darren198712.

i like the look of the painted ones, but where do i start???
theres talk on that threat of putting them in the oven, whats all that about~????

they go in the oven to melt the glue holding the glass to the back of the headlight, got to keep checking it every couple minutes though so you dont melt them ala corblah

the head & side light lenses and the the backs can be separted allowing access to the inside of the units (for Spraying), they're' held together with a few metal clips and some sealant/glue, if you take the clips off and heat the lights the glue/sealant become maleable and you can separate the parts. Been to best way is oven at a low temp for 5-10 mins, although also heard you can use a hair dryer, or as ross has suggested boiling water, was a mod I fancied doing on my N16 but never got round to it..

A bit of heat and some solvent maybe? Try asking a local body-shop if they have any tips? I was considering getting a quote from my local one just out of interest. I really wanna do this but guessing it's nae gonna be easy :roll:

Back
Top Bottom