hello newbie air bag question

Hello every one, thanks for the use of the thread.
I drive a 2003 1.5 s petrol almera which has been faultless apart from a reoccurring air bag warning.
This normally resets using the 5 sec on/off reset x3 but now it is becoming more persistent.
I have removed the drivers seat to look for the corroded occupancy connecters as detailed in several forums but can find no wires! is this correct??
Has anyone any further info into where I could go in fault rectification.

If it helps after last reset the lamp is flashing 8 times with one long pulse after.

many thanks for your replies.

Hi Nissan cannot even diagnose this fault. Over the years they have given so many answers on how to fix this. THEY HAVE NOT A CLUE. I have owned several Nissan Almera's all 2003 models will eventually have this fault. Its persistent now because the sensor has completely gone. That trick will not work anymore. Stop doing it!!!!!
1. DISCONNECT the battery. As you will mess round with the SRS system
2. Open the trimming on the passenger side, (ITS the passenger side that has the fault) where the seatbelt is attached to the body of the car the centre bit.
3. Carefully have a look behind just an inch below seatbelt Roll. You will see the sensor. Its hard to see. About the size of your thumb.
4. 2 x 10mm bolts holding it in place.
5. A new one will cost about $300 pounds from the dealers
6. On ebay about $10 pound but no guarantee. I have had luck on all my cars the used sensors worked
7. BE CAREFUL look at the part number, it HAS TO MATCH.
8. THIS IS THE PERMANENT FIX. I swear...

I used my sensor of a Nissan Primera for my Almera. They share the same part.

What they look like :Go on ebay and search Nissan Almera - Front Universal Pretensioner Sensor
Mine was 98830 AY000 ..Remember has to match.

Fix time approx 30 minutes

Back
Top Bottom