195/55 R16's - Which tyre for N16 '02 Sport?

My front pair are about to cease being legal, and my rear d/s has a blister, so I pretty much have to replace the lot.

I did have the 'standard' SP 3000's all round but talking to my local 'tyre-guy' he hates them with a passion - has had hideous problems with them loosing shape.

There seems to me more choice in this size bracket now and I'm interested in what tyres have people used, and what can they recommend? Price wise, not too worried, just like to hear the 'what's what' at all levels.

Though ideally, since I am turning into a bit of a fuddy-duddy now, I'd be open to something smoother with lower cabin noise than the Dunlops - though I'd still like to keep my passengers scared of roundabouts >) My tyre guy recommended some Hankooks, but I can't recall which ones.

Alex

Not sure if this is much help but, tyre manufactures have started putting stickers on the tyres stating how fuel efficient they are and the road noise in db so I reckon if you go to your 'tyre guy' he should be able to show you some appropriate tyres. I think the more fuel efficient they are the less traction they give, like less friction etc. I could be wrong but that's the way it works in my head lol.

Can't fault the Uniroyal Rainsport 2s. Been a revelation after cheap 'performance' tyres.
Tons of grip even in the wet, low noise.
Soft compound, though, so may not last as long as some.

Uniroyals have honestly blown my tiny mind. I'll be rocking them on the primera during the damp months. All 10 of them.

Back
Top Bottom