2005 N16 Central Locking problem

Hi guys, the central locking via my plip key has stopped working (doors won't remotely lock/unlock). I figured the key battery was dead so replaced it which didn't work. Tried my spare key, this did not work either. Had a quick google to see if there was anything I could try and there were suggestions of reprogramming the key - I tried this on both keys (turn on/off ignition 10 times method) but no luck. I get into the programming mode (confirmed by the warning lights flashing twice) but I get no confirmation that the keys have been reprogrammed (warning lights flash once). I can open the doors by putting the key in the passenger side door and lock all doors by pushing the lock button inside the car on the drivers side. Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, the central locking via my plip key has stopped working (doors won't remotely lock/unlock). I figured the key battery was dead so replaced it which didn't work. Tried my spare key, this did not work either. Had a quick google to see if there was anything I could try and there were suggestions of reprogramming the key - I tried this on both keys (turn on/off ignition 10 times method) but no luck. I get into the programming mode (confirmed by the warning lights flashing twice) but I get no confirmation that the keys have been reprogrammed (warning lights flash once). I can open the doors by putting the key in the passenger side door and lock all doors by pushing the lock button inside the car on the drivers side. Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
After in program mode need to hold unlock but and press lock 3 times flashes to say done put key in start and take out key to exit prog mode

Back
Top Bottom