98gti's 97VZR

As some might remember I bought Muir26's Lucino SRV VZR off him a few months back. It was standard at the time, my plan being to swap as much of the mods from my old GTi over as possible & add some others.
So far I have swapped pads & discs, rear strut brace, exhaust, HT leads, rims, P1 gti rear bumper & splitter, clutch & flywheel. Still got shocks & springs, BMC, shortshifter, manifold & emanage to fit. Also been thinking about stroking it up to 2 litre.

Here's some pics:

DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0251.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers lads.

@Joe: The SRV has Autech front bumper & dials, is a 5 door, has roof bars & if you are really lucky an external spare wheel carrier on the tailgate iirc it was sort of 4x4 style (they were an option but I don't think they sold too many of them). Autech styled them but unfortunately didn't tune the engine.

Looking nice and clean. Weird seeing a black 5dr! Liking the wheels to. I need to get myself a set of vzr sideskirts!

no worrys wish i didnt need the money for other things would have loved to fit it how much difference did it make alot??

Yeah made a huge difference to the car, much more responsive now and much easier to drive. Feels like this was how it was supposed to feel, power seems to match the cars weight. Can be a bit of a pain at low revs with the uprated clutch but the solution is more weight to the right foot.

Nice car.........How does the SR16VE compare to the SR20DE?

The SR16 is a good engine, I love the high and fast reving nature of it. The VE is like a compromise between a std. and a tuned SR20. Nice and comfortable below 5700rpm then mad up to the exhaust cam change at 6700 then a psychotic up 8000rpm (with the lightened flywheel). You could easily make a more savage DE but driving to work in it would be a pain in the tits.

Fit the SR20DE bottom end off your old engine to make it a 2 litre :)

Thats the plan mate, gonna upgrade the rods etc... when I have the cash.
Only problem is losing the short stroke of the sr16 for the torque of the sr20. Gonna look into it a bit before I commit.

Meant to ask it still restricted? Think Muir said it was 112??

Yeah it's still restricted exactly 100mph (on a private road) according to GPS looking at the HKS SLD to sort this unless there are any more cost effective options, any suggestions?

Apexi rsm will solve it too. Nice readouts on the rsm too it has a good few features! i'm sure you would pick one up on the bay cheap!

I'm not working just now so I've had a chance to get some work done on the car.

Put the 15's back on, drives much better:
PH_84.jpg

Shortshifter & new gear nob.
PH_88.jpg

PH_89.jpg

SSAC fitted.
PH_93.jpg

Back
Top Bottom