advice... current N15, upgrading to N16 (engine differences?)

Hi guys,
I am at Portugal and I have an Almera 1997 N15 1.4 from 1997.
This car had a quite interesting history since it was given to me to from a person that was living the country, and asked me put in the junkyard and cancel the registration (summary: kill him)

This was 2018 andI thought keep it as a second car since it was only 93000km, radiator fan doesn't always start (rarely need must say) and was just ugly (sham ugly) on the paint, some bents etc... but until today it never let me down! always pass on the yearly MOT inspection ...feels like can travel the world with it. And also maintenance is no expensive and for a 1.4 petrol engine feels also nicely economic.
683321car1637945671193.jpglook at that beauty warrior, saved from junkyard. It currently has 138.000km on it

So, I was impressed with this Almera. The only Nissans I got many years ago was a Terrano 2.5TD, then traded for a Patrol 260 3.0 RB33 dual carborator ^_^ , and finally util 2014 had Patrol GR 3.0DDi.
Lately I am thinking on change my Almera to a "newer" N15 almera with more good looks or a N16. they are a few on market that look good deals.
I will be glad to read some advice/opinion on the N16 comparing to N15. Does the N16 had a reputable engine like N15? does it use engine drive chain instead drive belt like the N15?

thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom