Aftermarket stereo/audio options for N16 Almera with facelift

Hello everyone.
I recently bought a Nissan Almera and I am looking to install the aftermarket stereo that I had in my VW. There is an issue as far as I can see. The standard unit combines the radio and climate control like so:
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/edkeating/Car/Almera/n16dash001.jpg
And I cannot work out where the aftermarket stereo would go. It is a normal Sony BT3600U and I am looking to install a sub etc. etc.
Could someone please advise me on how I would go about fitting the aftermarket stereo in this Almera?

This has come up a lot here.

Hers's some links to threads that have covered it before:
- http://www.almeraownersclub.com/thr...reen-to-sat-nav-cd-player-to-play-mp3s.48018/
- http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/newbie-oem-stereo-question.47896/
- http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/n16-audio-dash-upgrade.38273/

Normal headunit won't go in as everything is integrated. You can only use things like the Xcar link.

I direct you to my signature. From there there should be a link to a thread which discusses.

-phone-

Last edited:
If you have no sat nav an ordinary radio will work. Just need to solder on some iso leads.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hi guys, i know similar threads have been up here and ive looked through all of them.
firstly many are from years back and secondly i felt they werent specific enough to my type of car or to my question so i hope this thread doesnt get locked.

So i have a N16 06 standard radio with no satnav, i was wondering can i change the radio to an aftermarket and is it as easy as swaping the cd-player with a new radio that fits?
If so does anyone know of any radios that fit without moding.

If this is not the case is there any other options than the parrot system, alpine dash, cd-changer to aux?
Thanks for the help

Welcome :)

Those threads you saw are still relevant. The X-Car Link and Yatour devices are what we know to work. There's no (easy) way to replace the OEM stereo as it's all built into the climate control (assuming your non sat-nav trim still has a monotone screen with climate control?).

If you have manual heating controls ('S' model) then you can just get a facia adaptor and drop in any after market head unit.

I wired a normal radio into my van, no problems solder on some iso connection and trim the fascia to suit new unit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I wired a normal radio into my van, no problems solder on some iso connection and trim the fascia to suit new unit

Oh yeah, totally possible on the non sat nav monotone to wire in an extra head unit. I was just explaining this part; "is it as easy as swaping the cd-player with a new radio that fits?". I.e. no there's no option exactly for that. Damo, the headunit slips into the cubby hole under the OEM controls?

Thanks for the replies I have the monotone standard edition radio/climate control system. The reason im trying to use a sterio rather than x-car is that I already have a jvc one. Damien did you have all the relevant cables at the back of the cd player already plugged in or are they scattered between the back of the system ( sorry I haven't actually opened ut all up yet). Also is it as simple as cutting the old wire socket and re soldering on the new iso heads?
Thanks again

I didn't cut the plug I just soldered iso leads on so standard can be replaced . Takes a while to find all the wires though

How to section in the paid members area has a detailed guide on installing an aftermarket cd player In a phase 2 n16 with monotone display.

I have an almera se 05 plate. It has the square display console at the top.all the videos show wiring up the simpler versions on here.simple question i have is where are the respective wires for connection of a parrot mki9200. Are they at the cd player on the bottom or behind integrated controls in the middle. A pucture and some removal tips would be appreciated. Dave

@Liam might be able to answer where the audio wires are from the CD drive if that's what the Parrot thingy needs?

Back
Top Bottom