Almera tino S hesitation when accelerating

Recently bought a 51 reg tino s 1.8 petrol and the engine management light soon came on. Had a little read through some posts although cant really figure out what is the most likely cure.

Basically the revs are bouncing up and down slightly and when accelerating in low revs it hesitates slightly. The engine sounds good, doesn't seem to be any odd noises. Had a little fiddle with what I think are the O2 sensors, didn't unplug them though and now the engine management light has turned off, but the problem persists.

Any help or advice for any check I could do would be much appreciated.

P.s engine has done 81,000 mls.

Welcome,

You would be best getting a code reader on it rather than trying to guess.

It could be the lambda, or the MAF, or something more. That's your best place to start though.

Make sure all your clips on hoses and housings going into your intake are ok. What happened with mine recently was pretty much what you said without the managment light, but i found a rather large tear or even a gap on the rubber holding the airbox in place, could hear the engine hegging twiddle the box around a bit, this sorted it, got a new housing and it sorted the whole lot!

im facing similar probs...my nissan tino reg 51 diesel. the car was struggling when doing 80mph on sixth on a motor is this the beginning of the end for timing chain. advice please. and is
it costly to have timing chain replaced.

got a similar problem with my almera 1.8 sport + just changed timing chain as had crankshaft position sensor fault and chain was stretched, fault code has now cleared but when i took it for a drive engine stutters and when in neutral engine rev'd sometimes its ok other times it does not rev. any advice would be great. thanks jay.

update think the problem i have it a plugged Cat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom