Almeragt´s SR20VE Almera

mapping done yesterday morning, dyno will follows next week...

actual setup:

16.10.2017:
Engine:
Swap SR20VE 20V /finished in summer 2017 /engine from Jagy, swapped in Nissan by Serzino
original Nissan, N1 camshafts
complete work on the engine by Mr. Klempa, Motortechnik:
- disassembly and checking
- boring and honing of cylinders/resurfacing of block by Kageki Racing using a torque plate, by CNC machines
- cylinder head – porting of exhaust and little bit work on the intake ports, work on comb. chamber, valves, checking of valve guids, oil channels etc.
- porting of exhaust – matching the ports with cylinder head / exhaust ports from the manifold
- CP Pistons, 87mm
- ARP rod studs
- original Nissan bearings /main, rods, axial/, all new gaskets /incl. valve stems/, Nissan head bolts = all by Jagy
- original Nissan SR20VET head gasket bored by Mazworx
- Mazworx exhaust stud kit
- Mazworx valve cover washer kit
- cam timing, valve clearance adjusting, control etc and final assembly
- CR: 12.6:1
Xcessive intake manifold for SR20VE 20V with IACV flange – modded – custom made velocity stacks with custom made intake manifold mounting plate, porting of intake by Jagy
Q45 throttle body 80mm, Xcessive 45° elbow
80 mm intake pipe with velocity stack and integrated MAF sensor – by Jagy
JWT POP charger
intake pipe wrapped by thermotec - Gold Reflective heat barrier
custom made airbox by Roman, wrapped by heatsheild Teknofibra, custom carbon fiber intake from the fog light /120mm/
custom made oil catch tank by Roman
Nylon braided hoses
oil cooler kit by Jagy, with thermostat and covered by Gold Ref. Heat B.
Autotech Motoring Oil Block adapter
Oil filter relocator kit from Gspec
ATI Superdamper crank pulley
light weight water pump pulley – by Jagy
light weight alternator pulley – by Jagy
Tri Y headers + 70mm exhaust by AMA, thermotec wrap
Nismo thermostat
Mishimoto water cooler, Gold ref. Wrapping
Walbro fuel pump
ULTRA wires for VE /Ultra wires, Japan/
running in oil, approx. Max 600 km – Miller CRO 10W40

Gearbox
hybrid Nissan 70V / Primera P11 – made by Wrcecko,Mr.. Beckert:
70Vgearbox, custom made gears =straight cut gears, final drive, custom made gear forks, etc.
Gears: 1Q= 3,3 2Q= 1,93 3Q=1,5 4Q=1,18 5Q=0,9
Final Drive: 5,167
Racing iron plate LSD, custom made CV Axles, inner joints – by Wrcecko
Primera P11 gear rods
B/M shortshift
Fidanza Flywheel
ACT 6 pad clutch disc, SPEC stage 2+ pressure plate
Motul Gear 300 oil 75W140

Electronics
Nistune Realtime ECU,mapped by Raddy /switchpoint 5600 RPM, limiter 9000 RPM
AEM UEGO wideband lambda kit
PHORMULA KS3 – knock analyser
Swtich control RS01 from Ljay = JFPerformance
oil temp + pressure display – JFPerformance
Checked and simplified electronics, lightened of 6.5 kg

Suspension:
Protlum TOP RACE 3
custom made adjustable unibal front lower arms, Whiteline swaybar links, SuperPro swaybar bushes
custom made adjustable rear suspension
Roll cage + front strut bar by SD Sport
Rear strut bar by Roman + OEM strut bar

Brakes
Front
8 pot D2R brakes with 330 mm rotors /rotors from Mr. Kabrt - MD Components, material Nitro, elliptical grooving/, Raybestos ST47 brake pads
Rear
OEM brakes , OEM rotors with HAWK HP plus pads
braided lines

Master cylinder from 300ZX
ABS completely out incl. ABS controller
Millers Oil racing brake fluid

Interior/Exterior:
original UK Nissan Almera GTi bodykit
CrazyHornet Japan, rear wing GTiR
Carbon Fiber front bumper with integrated VZR NISMO splitter - by Carbon Parts
CF rear bonnet, front hood and front doors – by Carbon Parts
Plastic windows by Plastics4Peformance /except of windshield /
VZR mask
2016/2017 complete body work - sand blasted, zinc covered suspension,engine bay, new color, protecting treatment etc.
L23F color by Porsche

RECARO Pole Position ABE, BLACK AMBLA LEATHER/BLACK DINAMICA seats
Schroth PROFI ASM II FE
steering wheel NARDI deep corn
T7Design radiator
aircon and all other things from the interior are out. Custom made pipes for the heating by Roman

Wheels:
BC Forged RS41, Crystal Orange /concave design/
8x18, ET 38
Weight: 7.2kg
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R, 225x40/18

Final datas:
Vehicle weight: cca 1018 kg
CR: 12.6:1
Power: 246 PS, 223 NM
Power to weight: approx. 242 PS per tonne

Last edited:
such as awesome build. have you tried to comare power with a higher vvl switch (say 6k) ? also maybe consider a standalone ecu (link/haltech) with stuff like long term fuel and timing learning, map with iat? spent the coin everywhere else.

such as awesome build. have you tried to comare power with a higher vvl switch (say 6k) ? also maybe consider a standalone ecu (link/haltech) with stuff like long term fuel and timing learning, map with iat? spent the coin everywhere else.
We were not comparing as switch point at 5600 RPM suits the engine very well, and is perfect regarding a tuner who made a map for me. Power is increasing continually, without any drop or lag until 9000 RPM. I´m not considering standalone ECU, as I don´t want to spend more money on the car... I just want to check and fine-tune some small things that needs to be done and prepare the car for the next season and drive, drive and drive

I was trying/checking the car - how it drives at a rapid pace /last Friday/ - was driving the car in the hills, also trying a jumps over the horizons... Car with this gearbox/clutch type LSD is a beast. Screaming like a wolf :), it´s very loud. Was a fun!
Overall, drives very good, but We have to work on some small things.
1.) Limited slip diff has too much initial torque - so it´s very difficult to turn. Works great under the throttle, but you have to push really hard in every to turn. If you do not "stay" on the throttle /and you have to push a lot/, car will not turn in. We will have to change the setting /pre-load/. This will be done in the winter.
2.) We had to change a clutch cable /done today/
3.) I want to go on DYNO - probably in coming 2 weeks, as I had to cancel Dyno tomorrow...

Seems that power should goes up together with advanced timing, but We are on a limit with fuel - using 100 RON fuel. Difference in timing /pre-ignition/ between previous setup and these setup is 6° /We are now 6° lower/. Do have someone experiences with fuel vs timing and high CR /over 12.5:1/?

fuel will be your limiting factor with the ignition timing if the compression is too high. what is the comp of the motor?

fuel will be your limiting factor with the ignition timing if the compression is too high. what is the comp of the motor?
compression in 12.6:1 ... I was checking with some other guys in CZ - they used SR16VE pistons in SR20VE engine what gives CR over 13:1... They were running 100 RON fuel and their max timing values were around 39°. In our tmiming map is max 31°, so We will work on the map next year, on a dyno... There is some space for a better result

Last edited:
timing events and duration change depending on the valve lift its measured at. nissan measure their duration at 0.04mm or 0.016''. if you measured at a different lift you may of got some different results. probabaly gunna change anyway once on the dyno. top work.

So what's the lift realy is? 0,04mm or 0,016"? Cause 0,016" is 0,4mm not 0,04mm. I'm a little confused...

Awesome build, can you please pm me contact details. I'm interested in getting all the carbon done.

Also, do the front windows still work, up and down? Or are they stuck on?

Awesome build, can you please pm me contact details. I'm interested in getting all the carbon done.

Also, do the front windows still work, up and down? Or are they stuck on?
I will PM you.
yes, front Windows fully work, and they are still electric ! They are hardcoated, so they will not scratch...

maybe interesting for someone of us - I took some more picutres of the independent rear suspension setup - how it looks finally /pictures from this morning/. We have a custom made rear wheel hubs on CNC machine also /OEM copy, but not part of the rear beam shaft, as in the standard/, and rear brakes moved down, due to the suspension mounts... Sorry for the quality of the pictures...
rear adjustable susp..jpg
rear left.jpg
rear right.jpg
side view.jpg

working on some minor things - gearbox sent for checking /should be back tomorrow/ + resetting a L.S.D., as I wanted to change the previous setting - We have increased an initial torque /pre-load/ from 15 NM to 75 NM /7.6kg.m/, and set to more agressive cam angle
I have bought a GPS laptimer/speedometer with many functions from AIM = AIM Mychron 5 with water temperature sensor. Basically used in go karts, but works fine in car also... Needed speedometer as due to the big L.S.D. I have no option to plug in the speedometer drive cable and I had no speedometer. This has many useful things - adjustable shift light, laptimer, etc.
AIM MyChron 5.jpg
aimmychron5-117-screen-print.jpg

Back
Top Bottom