Asked this before but....

Does any know how to re program the remote central locking? but its not the NATS one you get on the GTi's, mine is this one:

30_1_b.jpg

Or does anyone know where i can get the information to reprogram it? i found this on ebay but i dont know wether it will work LINK

cheers:)

I only had one key with my GTi - and no fobs! theres a few of the ones above going on ebay. would these be compatable!? Saying that... Did p1 GTi's have remote locking?

had that remote for my phase 2 1.6. got a phase 1 gti and its got the more square fob. remote central locking is standard on all gtis phase 1 and 2.

lol i think we need to call nissan....

"Hello, is that Nissan? Excellent, i need to know which remote key fob is right for a 98 Almera GTi.... Is it the square one or a rounded one?"

LOL they'll love that, i might as well ask where the oil goes too while im on the phone :p :rolleyes:

***EDIT***

So a GTi one would look like this? Link

This ones has a key built in, ive just got one NATS key, so i thought u would have a seperate fob? This is all very confusing! :roll:

i think all gtis have the the square fob. red button locks and unlocks. the blue button turns off the internal sensors.

The red button on the round fob locks and the black button unlocks. no way of turning of internal sensors on this remote.

although i understand internal sensors was an optional extra so maybe there are some gtis with no internal sensors and the round fob.

i had one of them fobs above on my old 1.4 almera sport (irish model) i think these are the same for all the irish models, havent seen the sqaure fobs you's are talking about in ireland before.. but then again, we dont have many gtis over here :(

called up nissan today. New set of 2 fobs is £39+VAT. Sweet i said! Only problem is, cause the car didnt come with any fobs i need a new control unit which is.... wait for it..... £179+VAT

Thats end of that lol! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom