BeardedViper N16

I bought a 1.5 L 5-Door Almera S Back in September last year.

After having a few problems with it (the clutch replaced, coilpack replaced, new discs and pads) I decided I was going to begin modding. I was set to completely transform the Almera by April ready for Japfest in May. Below is a picture of the 1.5

Just after buying it
2012-02-20_12-52-23_242.jpg

The only mod I ended up doing (Not including my kick ass sound system) was adding HID's. I have had every kind of bulb going and I love HID's! The only time mine are bad (due to not having projectors) is in the wet when puddles have formed on the road. No body else has complained about how bright they are.
2011-12-01_17-04-07_629.jpg

After owning the car for 6 months I had a few heated discussions with close friends that convinced me to sell up and invest in something more powerful. So I took some pictures just before she went up for sale.
2012-03-02_17-54-19_463.jpg

2012-03-02_17-56-59_853.jpg

2012-03-02_17-54-36_254.jpg

2012-03-02_17-58-39_243.jpg

Whilst it was up for sale I decided to go on the prowl for my next car. Seriously wanting to stick with Nissan I ended up trawling the internet for another N16.

As luck had it there was a 3 door 1.8 Sport in silver for sale only up the road. 88K miles, Part service history, not much MOT, no tax but a sweet runner. Has it's body work issues but these will get rectified soon enough :) I think I got a lot of car for not a lot of money. It came in at nine hundred which I think is reasonable for what it is!

Seen as I still had the 1.5 I decided to get some pictures to show what I have come from to what I am going to! Safe to say I love the 1.8 and can't wait to get some mods done on it so that it will be looking saweeeeet for Japfest and JAE :)

2012-03-05_15-22-37_120.jpg

2012-03-05_15-22-50_74.jpg

2012-03-05_15-59-24_60.jpg

Jim

Very nice the QG18DE has often crossed my mind and may even swap one into my N16 if I can't find the engine I've wanted for quite some time.

Look forward to seeing what's next for this one...

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Looking sweet mate welcome along to the 1.8 crowd lol. Is there much difference between the 2 powerwise would you say?

Good luck getting her ready for Japfest as it's not exactly far away lol. I shall be there too in mine hopefully on the AOC stand as I'm not sure which club to go with lol

What's next for her then?

Cheers fella's :D

Ive wanted the 1.8 from the start but when I realised I was going to get crucified on insurance I dismissed the idea. Seen as I now have a years no claims and my other (£21,000!!!!) Claim isnt affecting my insurance anymore it seemed like a good move!

I can feel considerably more power in the 1.8 but im sure the 1.5 has let me down with its dodgy clutch. Even after having it changed and fully inspected it didnt quite seem right :/

Was so happy to find a 3 door though as the other 3 doors I had seen with similar mileage were around £1500!

First mod is going to be window tint, then after the mot next month ill lower it on h&r 35mm springs (although in struggling to find any!) And put a cat back system on (not forgetting the front strut brace on the group buy!) And also I have the 200sx alloys sprayed in white to use for shows :) after ive done these basic mods I shall then go on the prowl for unique things to do to it :D

I don't mean any offence to 1.5 owners, but having had no less than a 1.6 engine for about 18 years I really couldn't go back to something with so little power/torque. That's why I chose the QG18 :)

nice buy bud, and with the qg18 giving more power, and better mpg's, plus being a straight swap with no custom bits/work required into a qg15 car its all win imo

-- sent from my slider --

Here you go mate these have what you're after.

http://motorsportworld.co.uk/

I bought from there had no problems at all and got discount too lol although mine is lowered on Apex springs which were a lot cheaper

Have you had a look at my thread maybe give you a few ideas?

Look forward to seeing it at Japfest amongst a few others :)

Cheers mate! You got discount too? Fair play :p

Would you recommend Apex? Ed K suggested the H&R and if budget will allow I will push for those, but if the Apex are still a good spring then these could be an alternative :)

I have had a look at your thread, seriously impressed with your mera mate! It's exactly how I want mine to look with it being lowered that amount!

I can't wait to meet everyone at Japfest and admire the fine works of art that will be attending too! I've no doubt I'm going to end up being the quiet one of the bunch haha

Yeah no sweat mate. I've got the Apex on mine and I'd say they're pretty good. I'm a bit stingy when it comes to things like that but they seem to be fine mate just a little bit too stiff for my liking but it was suggested to me to trim the bump stops down and it should soften up but still be better to drive and with the brace on I'm hoping for a pretty sweet handling set up just without the massive price tag for coilies lol

From what I've been told the majority of us on here are running either Apex, H and R or Eibach so if it's good enough for these guys it's good enough for me lol

I'm looking forward to seeing the sport+'s at Japfest see if it'll change my mind about what I want mine to look like but I'm hoping for a few more changes yet lol

Thanks for the comment I've not done much to her yet but who knows what the future will bring haha

I think coilies are going to be next year as I can't justify the price tag this year with various other things happening with Uni and stuff. The 35mm drop has suited yours perfectly and I've been on photoshop messing with how I want mine to look and It has come out exactly the same as yours! If I could source myself some decent alloys for a not so scary price tag I'd be really happy! Haha, I'm not sure if you saw my thread about my white refurbed 200sx alloys before the forum was changed but they're what I'll be using for the shows this year until I can find myself a set of aftermarkets.

Yeah I can't wait to see the variety that will be there! I wasn't a big fan of my 5-door in silver but the 3 door really does look good, tinted windows, lowered and hopefully the cat back and I'm going to be seriously happy with mine, not a show winner by any standards but that comes with time and patience haha.

As I said mate yours looks great! From what it started, to where you are now, definitely can't wait to see it in person :)

Yeah I saw them mate they'll be pretty sweet. Maybe just as a thought refurb the sport+ wheels in a dark grey or black to match the tints could work?

Not many people tend to do it but the 4 x 114.3 PCD that we use was also used on a few other things, Primera's, Honda MB6's, Volvo S40's used them amongst other things just put 114.3 in ebay and see what comes up. I got mine brand new for just over 300 quid delivered by doing that so it does work you've just gotta look in the right places lol. I'm sure yours'll be looking sweeter once it's lowered as you've already got the colour coding etc so you've got a head start lol

That's what I do I just make sure I read carefully though as not that many people list the PCD itself hence why you get things cheaper lol

Yeah I was thinking of refurbing them anyway as the front two have been badly kurbed by the previous female owner, I do like the idea of going dark grey!

That's what I was doing when I was searching for the standard alloys for the 5 door and that's how I found the 200sx alloys but when I found other 114.3 4 stud patterns I found that the offset wasn't correct :/

£300 is a steal! They really suit the car especially in that colour, the make of the alloy doesn't really phase me I'm all about having alloys stand out in a crowd. I was so tempted to spray those 200sx alloys in red but bailed when I was buying the paint haha

That's true regarding the colour coding but I actually think it defines your car more to have the black strips. Maybe vinyl wrap them in carbon fibre to give them a little something different? I know it is dirt cheap to do :)

Had a chance to have a piss around with the 'mera today so I took some photo's as I was going :)

Changed the stock aeriel:
2012-03-09_15-28-59_651.jpg

Tidy little beesting:
2012-03-09_15-39-22_870.jpg

All the bulb lights were blown:
2012-03-09_18-29-49_6.jpg

These are more focused due to the camera, they aren't that over powering when looking at them, I used wide angle as I learnt the hard way from my previous LED change!
2012-03-09_18-52-30_251.jpg

My incredibly dirty enginge that is going to take forever to clean an dress but it';s all part of the fun :)
2012-03-09_15-41-45_157.jpg

I attempted to tint the rear window but it went horribly wrong as I'm fairly useless at using the heat gun :/ so proceeded to tint the rear quarters. This is pre-tint:
2012-03-09_16-40-13_679.jpg

This is after the tint:
2012-03-09_17-29-40_446.jpg

These are just two pictures of it with the tint on!
2012-03-09_18-18-18_7.jpg

2012-03-09_18-24-31_671.jpg

If anyone knows where I can get my rear window tinted then it'd be greatly appreciated. I don't mind travelling a bit for a good finish ;)

Jim

Tell me you tinted the inside of the window, yeah?

Engine bay wont take too long. Spray some autoglym engine degreaser on there and leave for a minute, then blast it all off with the pressure washer. Done.

Back
Top Bottom