Big spray job & door replacement on my GTi

Hello guys just a wee question to see what you think of a quote I got from a local Panel Beater & Spray shop. The guy has been well recommended and does alot of work for a garage that only works on super cars.

Anyway if you want to check the damage to my car check my build up!

I took it along yesterday and said to him I wanted a full re-spray instead of getting bits here and there done but told me right out thats not needed and going to leave car with him for a week to strip car, spray the whole of the new door, take old strip off old door and re-shape to put on new door (new door is from an import GTi and didnt have the strip) spray both sides of the car (wings, back panels, the lot) front bumper and spolier! Said he'll valet it and polish it before getting it back. It'll be done with the best of quality paint.

Showed me work he had done on his own Scooby so I would see what kind of finish I'd get and looked MINT!

All in £950

Let me know your views out of curiosity!! :)

Whats the name of the garage? After seeing the condition of the car that sounds pretty decent for all that work. Ask him how much he would do a front bumper on it's own for mate next time you go in, if you can explain my bumper won't have the GTi splitter but a plastic SRi one.

to be honest!

you cant put a price on things like that really!

you go to say is whether your happy with the results!

personally i could have done it for around 450-500. that's with quality paints aswell!
but then you can spend more time on detailing with the price rising to 600-700

if your happy with the results and happy to pay for that. end of the day you shouldnt be paying money until work is complete so you have the option to say u dont like something!

black picks dents up very nice so you can see what quality work he has done!

:O some special white?
or special black?

full respray you should look at around 600

er not sure, but thats what the guy said , he said a colour would cost more which i thought was a bit funny, but then he said that if he was to do it he'd strip parts like doors, bumpers and boot ... i said i'm not that fussed and he said, thats what he does sooo....

spray shop

Cheers for the comments guys, chris...the garage is called Prestige Car Bodies in cockenzie next to the power station. My mate who had the 200sx has a garage accross from him. When I go to see him next Chris I'll ask him how much to do the bumper, my brother is getting his bumper on his BMW done for £120 so that'll give you an idea!!

I thought it was a good price too, asked me what I thought price should be but didnt have a clue!! Not sure if its money up front said he just wants car for a week and he'll fone me when its ready....i'll tell him i'll pay him when its done incase something aint right. After showing me some of his work and showed me the spray booth...his place looks well above board!

450-500 is a massive difference! Take it thats just a difference in what you get paid an hour or just what you would price a job like that at?

Looking forward to seeing the car done cause sick o seeing it looking like shit!! But was my fault so shouldnt complain.....or I'll blame the bird cause it was her and her mate who wanted picked up after a night out!! WOMEN!!!!!

4-500 is done on either mates rates, stripping things yourself of doing the job yourself. Mind a lot of a painters time is taken up with stripping stuff and prep.

The going rate for a quality respray is about 1k Innes so you've been quoted decent IMO.

Cheers

A know I said to him I would strip the car first before I take it too him but he said he would rather strip the car and put everything back himself. Maybe if I just go ahead and strip it, it'll cost less??

Like you said they'll take time to strip the car.....anyway i'm going to strip the car right down before it goes to him to clean up underneath the arches and re-do the calipers, hubs and wax oil the lot!!

I thought it was a good price, so happy all round and he's 2mins from my house!!

Back
Top Bottom