Bike carbs.

Elliot, from what i hear the cost isn't reflective of the gains. Not on SR motors anyway. Have you thought about speaking to boggy's?

think you would get more gains from throttle bodies which can be got pretty cheap but its the management system which will cost a bomb

Elliot, from what i hear the cost isn't reflective of the gains. Not on SR motors anyway. Have you thought about speaking to boggy's?

I spoke to Steve (Bogg) when i first bought my old GTi and he reckoned that i would see about 25-30 horse on Blackbird carbs (they are big like, 52mm i think) (jets opened up to 2.0mm)

All up price will be around £800 if you leave it all to them. (I am sure you could source the parts cheaper)

All they would need the car for is reference for the inlet manifold.

He took me out in his 1.4 16v Micra grasstracker and it flew, revved to 10k!

but by switching to carbs wont that shoot you in the foot when it comes to MOT time, as the carbs will do away away with the fueling part of the ecu and lambda mix?

Power for peanuts is the aim.

No such thing exists i`m afraid.

Bike carbs are cheap, but you have to weld them onto the inlet manifold and then use a standalone ECU as you now don`t have a MAF to measure the air flow into the engine. This`ll be around £800 + setup.

A chap on here used to have a SR with throttle bodies which made approx 280bhp...yes 280hp......but his car sold for approx £20000 so you can imagine how much he actaully spent on it.

Back
Top Bottom