Bonnet Insulation

Right. on the almera there is a black fabric insulation fixed to the underside of the bonnet.

what i wanna know is if its safe to remove this. ie will taking it off cook the paint of is it fine to run.

i hate the look of it and some numpty has tried to clean it with a pressure washer and sliced it somethin good.

Would appreciate a few people telling me, for comfort reasons

I have removed mine, had no issues at all.

Did look shite, youl notice it when theres condensation on the bonnet.

there should be clips and they all should pop off with a screw driver

I have no bonnet insulation but some of the N16's have them

Just drag it off. All it does is keep the engine warm. I have removed the one on my Z32 300zx and when it's hot and rains you get a cool like mist blowing over the bonnet!

Ivan

You sure mate :confused: mine`s the same colour as yours (BS7), & the engine bay & bonnet are darker than the exterior.

Can you get a pic so I can compare mine? :)

yeah i know what you mean bout the darker inside paint but its silver. not even primered. i'll take a photo in the morning but im 99.9% sure its bare metal

makes me think its not the original... there is evidence of a front impact at some point but it can't have been that bad as the bumper and licence plate was not replaced

not sure why its like the tbh

Still strange, because even a replacement bonnet is usually painted black. :confused:

Never heard of a completely untreated one before. :nuts:

Very bizarre!

Back
Top Bottom