Dastek fitting and compatibility with sr20de question's

Ok so i have been looking at people thread's on here from time to time,and notice that a few people have had a Dastek unichip fitted and the dyno result's prove they alright too.Plus that they seem mega cheap...

My question's are the following,

Would such as this work with the sr20de ? If not which would ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dastek-Un...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ed045a0f8

Is it just a matter of taking it to a Dastek tuning place to wiring it up ? As there's no info about on how to wire it up etc.

Approx price of cost for fitting and mapping ?

Interested depending on price mate,yeah i know about the Unichip Q is a lot newer and it can hold 4 different maps iirc.But i need to make sure it will work with this motor etc,ie not affect Nat's etc.One of the tuning place's for these are near by also where i live which would be handy.

Why would a piggyback affect NATS?

Also I've heard that some tuners can't map older dastek units now. I'd go ask your local place.

-phone-

Think it would be best to ask as you say at the tuning place,they will tell me anything i wanted to know.

It won't have any affect to NAT's unless some numpty wires it incorrectly somehow.

But as Hally said. Some older unit's become obsolete and can't be mapped.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thats what i was worried about,wiring it up incorrectly and cause a nat issue etc.That's the last thing i need.

Cheeky fuckers lol,

It does work good on a sr20, and once fitted (do it yourself) it will cost about 2 hours on a dyno for mapping, so depends who and where you take it, mine is about £80ph, but thats london prices.

Also buy a bridging plug (£20) so once you wire it in, you can plug the dastek box in once you get to the mapping place, otherwise you dont wanna risk damaging the engine if if doesnt already have a nissan almera sr20 map on it.

And it is the unichip Q you want also.

Where's the info on how to wire one up etc? Did you wire your's up and could you share the info lol ?

Any link's to one of the correct bridging plug's please or where i could get one etc ?

Thank's.

Cool,how long approximately did it take you to wire it in and have you had any issue's since doing it,sorry for all the questions but the more i know and find out about Dastek the better.

Im a chef. But not a dinner lady either lol. I work for the corporation of the city of london lol.

It is only 5/6 wires. Took me about 10 mins but i have no dash board AND i had the whole engine loom on my dinning table lol

And no no problems :)

Back
Top Bottom