Electronics: custom EGT warning light

edk

Addicted to Torque
Staff member
Looking to buy up all my gauges but on a budget, and I'd also like all the same brand. I've found this means either paying through the nose for decent peak/warn gauges or having a miss match of gauges.

I've found a warning light with pressure switch you can buy for oil pressure dropping too low which means I can buy a nice simple cheap oil pressure gauge. Ill also be getting water temp and a new analogue EGT gauge.

So question is, anyone handy with electronics know of a way to have a separate warning like for EGTs going too high like the oil pressure one, and also running off the probe used for the gauge to save running two probes?

Cheers

-phone-

You could use a granatelli dual window switch. You'd have to connect one input wire (blue or purple) to the output wire on the temperature probe. You could then set the parameters (input voltage) that you want to monitor. If it goes Ito this marked range then you can just have it connected to a standard 12V lamp which it would ground and therefor light.
As you have the gauge already then it would be easy to set up if you spliced into the same wire.
Being dual switching you could have a lamp for getting to operating temp and for overheating of you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom