Exhaust Trim - Help

Hey.

I own a 2003 Almera, 1.5S - N16. I'm after an exhaust trim to make the tailpipe look a little bit better than the current OEM one.

I've been looking at Halfords and was wondering if anyone could offer a suggestion on which would fit and/or be the best to buy?

Linky: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...oreId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165537

I notice that the OEM one curves down, and I'm worried about blocking up the end of the exhaust if I get one that is straight.

Appreciate any help :)

Nissan do one for about £25 I think which is like a flat oval. It's quite nice. Infact...give me a couple of hours or so as I might still have it kicking about...

DOH forgot about this. SORRY.

I've written it on my hand to check for you when I get home. I'm sure I've got a pic of it on the car as well.

I dont have it anymore but it looks like ...

kit1.jpg

I think ED was using it as well. It's like a small end that simply clamps round your exhaust. the downward section still sticks down as long as you point it at the angle shown.

I have one but it's not only jubilee cliped but spot welded too for some reason (came as standard on my SXE N16). I'd sell it to ya otherwise but I can't get the thing off!

A exhaust place will do you one welded on! Tip of your choice for £30-£40!

I had one put on my focus (had a new born child at the time), picked the tip and charged me £30. They chopped the standard bit, welded on the new one and sprayed the box black. Looked good for what I wanted.

Place I use is exhaustsUK though.

Just looks.

Its the baffles in the boxes that make the majority of difference as well as back box outlet size so unless they cut the hole bigger in the backbox...no it won't make a difference to sound.

I dont have it anymore but it looks like ...

kit1.jpg

I think ED was using it as well. It's like a small end that simply clamps round your exhaust. the downward section still sticks down as long as you point it at the angle shown.

Sorry to go off topic here :O Is that a TVR V8S in the background Steven ? I think they're ace :D

baby2bubble does it make any difference in sound if you had that changed or is it just looks

It is just looks although I noticed the slightest of sound difference (vibrations or something) but just a very very slightly deeper sound.

You would do it for looks and nothing else as long as you standard box is on good condition!

Places like ExhaustsUK (and others) can tune a backbox though so be as quiet or loud as you want really.

Problem I have with the 'add-ons' is that you can see where its fastened on and the tiny pipe sticking out the middle of it.

By having it cut, welded and box sprayed it looks a lot more pro and only cost a little more than the add-on itself.

Think it took them about half and hour max. The spraying box black was a bonus, they just did it because they thought it looked better! lol

Very close Paul - TVR S3C mate. Same car but with the ford 2.9 V6. Not many people would have got that so kudos points to you! He's had that car since 2003. www.tvrgit.com - He's now got a cerbera as well. :D

Thanks for the replies, I've netted myself one off eBay because of my budget, might pop up some pictures after I've fitted it.

they will both fit on fine but il worn you i have bought one myself from the halfords ripspeed range and they fit but stick out so far they look really bad

Back
Top Bottom