greetings from norway

hi all, I work for a ice rallying company in Norway and we have 4 n15 gti's and ive recently encounterd a problem with 1 of them and hoping you lot can help me.

Ive just pulled the car from summer storage to service/check over ready for winter. it started fine drove into the work shop and did what I needed to do. pulled it out to get another car in and went back to it the next day and it started and ran for 30 seconds and cut out and now wont restart!!
Its had the nats bypassed, changed the cas,fuel pump and ecu, ran a separate earth and now im out of ideas on what could be the issue. any help would be muchly appreciated

Injectors are fired on earth switching by the ECU, seems unlikely as it ran previously but check and clean all the earths.

With the ignition on you should have 12v to the injectors, so ensure thats present, if not it could be fuses.

Ok so injector pulse is missing. The FSM unfortunately seems to be pretty vague about injector control...

Does the engine sound normal when cranking?

Do the injector connectors have battery voltage on one of the pins?

E: Liam beat me to it ;)

there is 12v at the injectors, if I earth an injector I can hear it click. checked all the earth points on the car and even ran a new earth from battery to gearbox. engine sounds normal when it cranks and it will fire for a split second

Could be worth using a fluke to check continuity between injector earth pin and ground whilst cranking.

I have heard of ECUs refusing to start the car after the NATS has been removed, do you have a spare ECU try it with?

Yeah I have 4 spare ecu’s. Tried all of them,. They work in the other cars same for the ecu from the car that won’t start. The nats has been disconnected for the past 6-7years and never caused us any issues.

Back
Top Bottom