Hello All

Good Afternoon all.

2005 Tino

I have a problem with dash lights and instruments flickering and totally failing randomly whilst driving and idling. This does not appear to affect the lights however it does cause the indicators to flash rapidly as if when a bulb is blown or shorted as was the case with other older cars I have driven. There is no corrosion on any visible wiring connections under the bonnet and relays and fuses inside and out look ok. The battery is not old and starts fine every time with the alternator appearing to be ok. The issue would seem to like a loose connection due to the intermittent and irregularity of length of problem regardless of engine running temperatures. I've noticed a thread mentioning loom wire prone to corrosion under the bumper but not seen it confirmed.

Anybody any thoughts having had similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Last edited:
Good Afternoon all.

2005 Tino

I have a problem with dash lights and instruments flickering and totally failing randomly whilst driving and idling. This does not appear to affect the lights however it does cause the indicators to flash rapidly as if when a bulb is blown or shorted as was the case with other older cars I have driven. There is no corrosion on any visible wiring connections under the bonnet and relays and fuses inside and out look ok. The battery is not old and starts fine every time with the alternator appearing to be ok. The issue would seem to like a loose connection due to the intermittent and irregularity of length of problem regardless of engine running temperatures. I've noticed a thread mentioning loom wire prone to corrosion under the bumper but not seen it confirmed.

Anybody any thoughts having had similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Phil
Hi I have EXACTLY the same problem - did you find a fix ?

Back
Top Bottom