Hello Members, just recently got an Almera 2004...

Hi Members

I recently bought a 2004 used Almera 1.8 petrol, it's an automatic.

It's the first car I've ever had (and could afford), that's got a Satnav and Sunroof, and lastly parking sensors though their very handy to have, I didn't often struggled to park previously.

I got a 3 month warranty when I bought it, and it came with a regular service history, it's done 79K.

I knew the issues of timing belt stretch problems, and chain tensioners, and will have to deal with this issue as and when it arrives, i have a feeling though that it's related to oil changing cycles, and that chain tensioners being starved of oil (blocked), maybe causing the chain to run loose (making high torque wrenching) causing the stretching.

I think I'll make a finacial contingency for when/if the problem occurs, as I really like the way the car drives.

Also, i really like the fact that there's a transmission dipstick (and therefore a way to change transmission fluild), which a lot a Autos don't have.

I find the car very comfortable, with more than enough passenger and boot space.

I did find that insurance was a little pricey, even with 9 years NCD, but I think that's because of it being a Japanese 2004 car, the area I live in, and that insurance firms are price hiking first initial quotes so they can offer a price drop on the next year renewl.

I have got a few questions, but that's for another day and forum section.

Regards all

Back
Top Bottom