hunting and sucking

Hi can anyone shed any light on why my cars revs sit at 1500rpm on idle and when i take accelerator off its at 2000 rmp then hunts then settles at 1500.Only odd thing is excessive sucking from the air filter box
car is a 1.8 almera petrol.Thanks
Ive taken it to a garage when the exhaust was done and he found no leaks in the system but its using massive amounts of fuel too

maf sensor is located on the air intake. You will see it atttached to the pipe coming out the airfilter box with a plug attached.
and i'm presuming the idle control valve with be next to the throttle body.

nope never worked strange thing is it does it more when cold especially the revving high
Are you maybe looking for thing's that aren't actually broke? like wondering why something is making that "sucking noise should it be doing that"
If you become a paid member you will find a heap of information and resource's and save a fortune in garage fee's alone:)

ah thats y no replies forced to be a member for free advice worse than ringing a dealer
Your wrong and "forced to join"
it's not about that at all, joining up gives you a massive load of information for you! and saves mostly you the time and effort asking questions and the pain of taking your car to the garage every time you think there is something wrong with it.

Also not everyone on here can answer your question's because they are either busy=life or just don't know every question you ask.
That's why you may not get replies' straight away.

I was "suggesting you join" as it will help you more! not me especially if your keeping your car in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom