Just had my insurance renewal

lady_'mera said:
saved more if what?
social domestic and pleasure is just the same as social domestic pleasure and commuting its just some insurers are more so panikity!!!

I chose SDP&C instead of just SD&P.

maybe the premium isnt cos of where she works then, it could be moreso where she lives, her age or the size of the vehicle

24SEVEN said:
I chose SDP&C instead of just SD&P.

it dosnt make any difference mate, they are the same really. you will notice no difference in the premium if you were to change it. who you insured with?

Nope - as I say in the original post, if she changes her occupation to a light/sound technician (at the same venue, no less!) it drops to £400!

bell.co.uk

Bought it over the phone as I wanted to pay monthly and they don't arrange that over the net. moneysupermarket.com brought them up as a lot cheaper than any of the other insurers they check, and I couldn't find a cheaper quote elsewhere (some places were asking over £3k!!!).

yeah, they would insure myself on black-ices gti (he my fella) for only £200 more than he would pay for himself..

thats not bad with me being so young at 18

im only with direct line cos i get ncbs as a named driver and thats more important than being insured on a GTi supposedly!!!!

lady_'mera said:
yeah, they would insure myself on black-ices gti (he my fella) for only £200 more than he would pay for himself..

thats not bad with me being so young at 18

im only with direct line cos i get ncbs as a named driver and thats more important than being insured on a GTi supposedly!!!!

The named driver NCD with DL only counts if you yourself take policy out with DL, they won't send you proof of however many years,

She drives an R-reg, 998cc Suzuki Alto, and is currently insured through diamond (but all quotes are the same, regardless of company).

Now surely you can see the madness of some of these prices?!

lady_'mera said:
TOMASTI,

even though it seems you have a good bargain here i can bet you that the insurer wont replace your mods in the event of an accident, i would clarify this with them before continuing with the policy.

good price though... and if they do replace your mods go for it!

Hey there, yep they do cover the mods. I'm landed :lol:

try sky insurance, the are brilliant they are all jap enthusiasts. they did my quote on the prelude and were the cheapest by miles. they give discounts to certain car clubs and also all mods are free unless your add rocket boosters or sum thing simaler, so body kits exhausts induction kits etc were all free on my policy.

mine worked out at 1100 quid with all mods declared @ 20 with 1yrncb on 2.2 vtec group 17 insurance, so imo thats pretty damn good!

when i first insured the gti,i was 20,and was paying 900quid fully comp.having both my grandparents brought it down by 300 quid! i'm now 21,re-newal is up at end of august,and its 700 quid fully comp.try elephant,as thats who im with,they have been fantastic.

markbuts3 said:
I'm finding lots of recommendations for Brentacre. I might give them a try...

Yeah like I said, my mate works there and I got my quote through John (the owners son). They're only a small office with a few people working there so they're more personal than these massive insurers that wont give us modders the time of day! Dont forget..... Admiral charged me £85 to add a filter lol! Gimps :p

AlanDITD said:
try sky insurance, the are brilliant they are all jap enthusiasts. they did my quote on the prelude and were the cheapest by miles. they give discounts to certain car clubs and also all mods are free unless your add rocket boosters or sum thing simaler, so body kits exhausts induction kits etc were all free on my policy.

mine worked out at 1100 quid with all mods declared @ 20 with 1yrncb on 2.2 vtec group 17 insurance, so imo thats pretty damn good!

I got a very good quote with Sky, would have taken it up but Flux were very slightly cheaper and I didnt have to pay another deposit staying with them!

Back
Top Bottom