Just installed an amp

D

DaddyMera

hooked up a 300w amp to my VIBE 6*9 speakers the difference in clarity and bass response is amazing, i don't really need a sub now :D

Had some Infinity Kappa 6x9s (on a Maystar QXT200) in my old car with an old 100W rms 10" alpine sub (on XQA250), and it didn't sound as clear or bassy as my alpine D1221 12" type R sub (on the QXT200), and 6 1/2 SXE1725s coaxials (on headunit amp).

Then again the giant box everything is fitted into maxes some difference too I spose.

DaddyMera said:
hooked up a 300w amp to my VIBE 6*9 speakers the difference in clarity and bass response is amazing, i don't really need a sub now :D

but if you put a sub in you'd say 'god why have I never bought one earlier'

its how it starts :lol:

NaylorGTI said:
but if you put a sub in you'd say 'god why have I never bought one earlier'

its how it starts :lol:

how true is that

I remember my first 'sound system', a 500 quid pioneer headunit(tape deck aswell!), pioneer 6x9's in a MDF shelf, went driving about with the 'tune's pumpin'(I was only 18 lol) and thought it was amazing, mirrors jumping and all that, then got a cd changer and couldnt believe the SQ difference, then I bought a twin 10" subs in a bandpass box and it rocked, then I just kept adding speakers, I thought it sounded da bomb, but I bet if I listened to it now I'd cringe, I'll just put the rose tinted glasses(or ears?) and remember it like that.

I hated that old 10" alpine. totally gutless. all I want to do now is put some tweeters in the front and cap em, then I'm done. standard fronts are more than good enough. Personally I find I just can't drive with the music up. It's just too damm distracting, and I sometimes pause at junctions anyway. Always pause or shut off parking.

I think everyone likes their installs whatever stage theyre at, in the same way they like their car. its theirs.

yeah, its the same as cars, the same thing also applies, the car with the sound system that I was on about was a 1 litre 4 speed nova, which didnt even come with headrests never mind central locking and electrics. but at the time I thought it was great, and through my rose tinted glasses it still is, but I wouldnt want to drive it if I got the chance again as it would spoil my memory of it as it was slow, bad driving postion, uncomfortable and did everything else as badly as 1 litre 4 speed novas will do.

fucking bollox....

think i have blown one of the 6*9's.

the day before my birthday...

my car will breakdown next.... lol :confused:

i ended up taking my JBL sub n amp out of my car cos of 2 reasons:

a) it was vibrating the seal away from the window on the back windows

B) there's no way to keep a sub firmly placed in the middle of your boot. Mine kept being flung about whenever i went round a corner a bit sharpish.

sucked :(

Still got it though, might put them back in when I can fix above problems

DaddyMera said:
fucking bollox....

think i have blown one of the 6*9's.

the day before my birthday...

my car will breakdown next.... lol :confused:
yeah Mine screwed up as well :(

kaptain_k said:
Still got it though, might put them back in when I can fix above problems
Get some 12 or 18mm MDF and make yourself a floor rip the Spare wheel out and use something to strap the Sub down and screw it into the MDF

kaptain_k said:
B) there's no way to keep a sub firmly placed in the middle of your boot. Mine kept being flung about whenever i went round a corner a bit sharpish

Whenever I fit a sub into a car without doing a proper build, what I do is screw a couple of wood joining blocks onto the back of the box, then thread some string through and tie it what ever bracket/strut brace etc is close and strong enough, looks a bit messy if you dont keep the string behind the box, but then its only to stop your sub crushing your head in should you need to do an emergency stop.

to fix your window seal get some black mastic from B&Q/or somewhere like that and run a thin bead along under the rubber and let it dry fully before pumping the volume

My sub used to wedge between the floor and the rear strut brace. It was a 12" Fusion one in a XL (?) something or other sub-box from hellfords.

my sub was in the offside of the boot facing the nearside with the amp on the floor next to it. nothing holding it still and the only things to stop the amp sliding around were the wires going into it. Only had it in for a month or two before taking it out while I think of a more permanent fitting, which I'm still to do. thinking of maybe boxing off one side wall of the boot and having the sib in there with the amp vertically mounted on the wall next to it. Don't wanna take the spare wheel out as it's apparently illegal unless you're on run-on-flat tyres.

I might be coming over to the dark side... :lol:

I have the chance of a twin 10" enclosure with subs, a pair of two channel amps and the associated wiring for cheap.

I wonder how long before I get fed up of the boom boom boom ??? :wall:

markbuts3 said:
I might be coming over to the dark side... :lol:

I have the chance of a twin 10" enclosure with subs, a pair of two channel amps and the associated wiring for cheap.

I wonder how long before I get fed up of the boom boom boom ??? :wall:

IMO it's all about quality, not quantity. It usually costs a lot to get both ! ;)

almeratastic said:
IMO it's all about quality, not quantity. It usually costs a lot to get both ! ;)
I don't want quantity, just a bit of bass in the rear. I have some JBL 6x4s for the front doors. I may even cut the box in half and just run one sub.

He is buying the full setup.....wiring, subs in box, two amps, 10 disc Sony changer and Sony HU for £100. He only wants the changer and HU so I reckon I can get it for £50.

Hopefully one amp can run the subs (not sure of specs yet) and one for the fronts.

Back
Top Bottom