Just to say hi, I'm a newbie. Is my Almera a vvt or not???.

Discussion in 'Newbie Section' started by RussnMonty, May 14, 2019.

1. RussnMonty

RussnMonty

Model:
    1.5 se
    Chassis:
    2000-2006 N16
    Hi, I have had my Nissan Almera se 1.5 for about a year now and love the car, it only has 60,000 miles on it and recently started rattling and I have put it down to the timing chain. I put it in the local garage and two weeks later they hadn't even ordered the parts so I'm going to get on and do it myself. One thing I am struggling with is I don't know if it's a vvt model or not as I need to know this for which parts to order. If anyone could advise me and what other parts should I buy as well as the kit before I start.
    I am quite handy round an engine so I'm not too phased about doing this job, I could just do with any info anyone could give me for help.

2. Nugget Beercase

Nugget Beercase

Model:
    Saloon 1.6 GXe
    Chassis:
    N15
    The later models (facelift with dark single-piece headlights) have the VVT.

Power wise the VVT models also have 72kW instead of 60-something kW iirc.

EDIT: And well, the best visual sign is that the VVT models have a "beer can" on the intake sprocket instead of just a plain sprocket.

3. RussnMonty

RussnMonty

Model:
    1.5 se
    Chassis:
    2000-2006 N16
    Hi and thanks, I have found out now that it's not a vvt model but I have been checking out doing it myself and feel it is above my knowledge and the cheapest quote I've had is £950 so I'm not going to bother and I will just have to find another car. Thanks anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice