Kind of a Newbie, but not... if that makes sense....

Almera_Gti1998

AOC Moderator
Some of you may know me already, but I purchased a 1998 Phase 2 GTi back in 2001, and then with a help of a few others we formed the Almera Owners Club.
I sold my car in 2005, which seemed a good idea at the time due to getting a company car, however recently i have regreted this. I've been on the hunt for a couple of years now, to find what I had before.

Well, my search is over, and yesterday I picked up a 1998 Phase 2 GTi in Blue :)

So I am back here, and shall be looking for advise as it's been 14yrs since i last worked on one!
Mine needs A LOT of work doing to it, but i'm in this for the long run, and no plans to sell her this time.

Looking forward to seeing some old faces, and meeting some new ones too.

Wow. That is a throwback and a half, welcome back!

As you can probably tell it's quite a bit quieter on here than it was 10+ years ago!

I must admit, every year I flirt with the idea of buying a GTi when whatever car I've bought dies after 6 months, but I usually need to buy something in a hurry so don't get a chance to! Look forward to seeing the progress!

Most people are scared of the inevitable rust these days and just scrap them. an N15 GTi is a rare beast!

At this point it's probably worth spending a few hundred quid sorting the rot.

This is my idea than sooner or later a stock N15 GTi in Blue will be one of a kind.

Have been away the past week, and injured myself while running, so it's just sat there at the moment. As soon as i start work i'll start uploading pics.

Back
Top Bottom