Liam's Derv

As most of you know I've resigned the Twister Turbo to the heap so thought id share the new project, er I mean daily, with you lot.

I was originally after a Bora 1.9TDI 150, but after much searching I couldn't find the right one for the right price. This lead me over the Skoda Octavia, plenty around but quite hard to find a 130hp model (which I had to have). After a few more weeks of searching and adding up running costs and maintenance, possible problems and purchase price/bang for buck I changed my mind yet again (at least I don't buy every idea, Elliot!!).

So the search continued on ebay, trader, PH and the local paper. Found a suitable candidate, low miles, service history, good spec and well looked after. After speaking with the seller who was on holiday, I was asked to ring back after the weekend for more details. I did just that but my phone was playing up, so after a few days the phone sorted it self out, got in contact but the car had sold. Back to square one.

But as I left work that day I had an ebay notification for a saved search which looked promising. Phoned the seller and left a deposit. Picked the car up the following weekend.

Here it is;

wf1s2Hm.jpg

bvCFYTP.jpg

lWA81Nw.jpg

Ba0Vo9u.jpg

FmD6plb.jpg

nAiV957.jpg

US5WyZj.jpg

nuE55c6.jpg

3odXWd8.jpg

XdWIGsR.jpg

D3Y9254.jpg

Kw0n5Mj.jpg

Dju0M1x.jpg

PqZSYAc.jpg

PoWYQls.jpg

8MPJzIr.jpg

n82nHTU.jpg

PCm1tLF.jpg

kybthPj.jpg

0xKedOk.jpg

C5yVCvC.jpg

i4kJYDx.jpg

6m9z1Kb.jpg

Its a 2005 SX dCi 136 with 68k, 6 speed, half leather, A/C & climate control and full body pack.

Its recorded cat D due to the rear bumper damage, the boot floor was dented but i straightened that out in about 30mins. There were a few other things wrong with it but I only paid £1300 so am happy enough.

Since owning it ive fitted the floor mats, fixed the boot floor, recoded the central locking and cleaned the interior.

Plans are a full service, new discs and pads all round, HEL lines and DOT 5.1 fluid. The service (inc injector cleaner, intake clean out and EGR blank) should see a little rise in MPG, but im happy enough with it at the moment. 42 average over 505miles (300 motorway at 90 and the rest round town) and im not really driving it for economy so im confident theres more to be had.

Nom nom.

Way hey hey! Welcome back to the right side!! Nice find, great colour too. Loving the leather seats, shame about the doors but a little practicallity never hurt anyone. Looks like your not so broke anymore, full tank n dat!

Oh & Liam you getting a Diesel Almera. ;)

No i didnt buy it. Shall i spell it out for you?

IM NOT GETTING A DIESEL ALMERA!!

Good buy and well played with the rare half leather.

-phone-

So this is where it all begins, again :D

I like it, would be well up for trying a DCi out if I needed something with mucho torques for commuting.

Nice buy, knowing what you did with the previous one, this is gonna be even more interesting.

how much boost are you planing to run on this one, eh? :)

Its not in great shape paint wise, quite a lot of touched up scratches but its clean underneath and cross member is still blue!!

No plans for performance or styling mods (besides wind deflectors and rear tints) as this is a commuter bus. Plus I wont have the time nor the funds soon.

The only gripe I have with it, is the stupid design of the climate control system. I mean what the fuck were they thinking? I intend on fitting an aftermarket stereo (which shouldnt really require much work) so ill make a how-to for others if they wish.

Ed, the half leather came as standard on the SX model (the last run of the N16) as I imagine Nissan were emptying the parts bin.

Good luck with yur dirty diesel dude ! Some how I don't think it'll stay standard for long ! Money or ne money !

Cheers.

It will, the only way things will be getting uprated is if they need replacing.

IE when the turbo goes ill get a hybrid. When the exhaust goes ill get a stainless one ect ect. Im not intentionally going to modify for the time being (8-12months).

Cheers.

It will, the only way things will be getting uprated is if they need replacing.

IE when the turbo goes ill get a hybrid. When the exhaust goes ill get a stainless one ect ect. Im not intentionally going to modify for the time being (8-12months).
Some how the words Liam and Standard ! Don't go hand in hand ! Lol !

Needs must for the time being. Will be taking a 25% pay cut with the new job so sacrifices are having to be made.

Back
Top Bottom