Long Time...

Hi all,

Was on here about 6-8 months ago looking for an Almera GTI, I return now armed with £4000 to spend in June :D

I've looked at Integra Type R's, Audi 1.8 20v Turbos, Civic Jordans etc...Was pretty much made up on a Teg, but I saw a fecking blue Mera GTI (ph2) and that has brought back my love for these cars :O :D

What sort of Almera GTI can I get for that? I assume I could get a pretty mint phase 2? :confused:

Thanks all, Ben. :)

Cool. I'm after a standard one if possible to do 'my own thing' to it.

What would you pay for a phase 2 (not too fussy about the year), low milage minter?

nismo_billy said:
i paid £2400 a yr ago for a p2 33,600 miles so id guess about 2000-2500

Yikes, that's good. :)

Guess I will have to hunt around...I think a Teg would be a bit of a stretch and I don't fancy a loan to get a nice one, a ph2 GTI would do me lovely :D

That leaves a heap of cash left over for any parts that need changing before any bits get 'modded'

What colours do the ph2's come in? :confused: :roll:

Defiantly a proper minter is on the cards for that money m8
And a lot of change

Well like nismo_billy said, he got one for alot less. If I can get a real minter for a little more money then I'd say it'd be worth the extra cost.

I'd want to keep it for a few good years and tart it up a bit, subtle, not OTT :)

Checking out peoples cars on here, some tastey Mera's chaps and ladies. :respect:

Could buy an Autech tuned almera for about £5k? (172bhp ish) Br3n's selling his i think

Checked out the Autech, not my thing, I realise the up'd power could be good, but the looks don't do anything for me and I'd have to change it all to look like a GTI ph2 anyway... :O

I'm after a ph2 GTI, I am really liking the metalic blue :cool:

I've looked through Ebay and Autotrader, but nothing really takes my fancy :roll:

I wont be after one till June because of Uni and the milage I have to do... Currently got a 2001 Astravan, but I've got Almera money saved anyway.

02.jpg

Milage will not be an issue come June so this seems like the time to get myself a more thirsty motor :)

for £4k you could buy a mint condition p2 GTi and tune it some way towards autech level anyway, im very jealous! lol

K33 ELV said:
for £4k you could buy a mint condition p2 GTi and tune it some way towards autech level anyway, im very jealous! lol

LOL - Well as all I do is work and Uni then all I have done is saved, having a van that does 50/60 mpg helps on saving too remember ;)

I've been saving for months and have been VERY fortunate as I was 'given' the van by my Dad as he sold his company so there was no need for him to keep it :O ... Though I would have still had my 'new car fund' as I was saving before the van idea was even thought up :rolleyes:

Humm, been shown a Autech engine in action - VVL looks sweet, not sure on the styling. Could it be changed to look similar to a GTI ph2?

I'm sure there are plenty on here that would swap kits with you!!!! Good luck with finding a good gti you shouldn't have any problems with that sort of money behind you. Will just be patients that will be the key, but it sounds like you have loads to save up all that cash!!! Which i envy.

Back
Top Bottom