Mandip's P2 GTi

As some of you may know, I had an accident in my old 1.6, so I decided to get an upgrade!

Acquired this AR2 Red GTi, which had 101,000 miles on the clock, from Nottingham.

Paintwork and body aren't particularly mint, but I don't mind as its a work in progress really.
Has patches of faded paint on the roof which I don't know how to sort lol and many stoneships on the bonnet, along with the wheels desperately needing a refurb..

Had this car for a couple of months now, absolutely love driving it! Over this time I've basically had to pull the brakes off my old car and put them on this one, as the ones on this had a sticking caliper slide, and also my old one had EBC RedStuffs pads and grooved discs, where everything on this one was stock.

Had some really nasty Kenda tyres on the front on the car, were worn right out, so had them replaced and had the tracking done at the same time at a place in Rainham called Elite Direct, purchased some Vredestein Sportrac 3's from them. The road noise is reduces and they grip much much better, but have yet to really push the car a little more to give a proper verdict lol

Also, what's the name of the wheels that are on the car?

I know the car is filthy at the moment, but I'm throwing the pics up anyway:

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

It doesnt have the side airbags in it, so defo not the "phase 3". Mij, it was cleaned up a little while ago, but the rain has really made it mucky lol. I'll be cleaning it up again when the rain abates, it cleans up much much better than my previous one!

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Saw this in the flesh when you came over to drop off some bits a while back. Looks like it has potential. :)

Cheers mate! Lets hope so, there's so many things I want to do but just dont have the funds for lol

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Its been a little while since I've been on here... Small update - had the car sitting off the road for over a year now, but I really want to bring it back on the road because I miss driving a manual lol!

A couple of my cousins and I had the bright idea of prepping it for some track usage as well, so I will be on the hunt for parts..

Its a bit unkempt at the moment, needs some cleaning up and maybe some derusting, so that's all on the to-do list.

I also think the shifter bushings are knackered on it, because there is a lot of movement in the shifter when putting any power down, but the front and rear engine mounts are polybushed.

Will give it a good clean up and take some photos as to progress etc soon!

Back
Top Bottom