Matt's GTi

:angry:

Well what a great weekend I've had!

Was supposed to be going shopping for stuff for my holiday to South Africa yesterday. But it didn't quite work out like that.

I got to with in 5 mile of my destination, the Almondvale Centre, when I heard a noise. It sounded like air buffeting in through somewhere, I was travelling along the M8 at 70mph, I slowed down to try and identify the noise and decided to pull in to the hard shoulder. As I was slowing down the engine just cut out and the oil light flickered. All other temp reading etc were fine.

Turned the car over and then shut it off it was pretty clear what was wrong. There was however no sign of oil anywhere and still shower plenty in the engine.

Now to call on some ALC! Call chris and woke him up. Called Rick and he picked up Ross and headed over.

Got Ross to phone the RAC who turned up before he even got through to the call centre which was just a stroke of luck.

He then told me MY car was TOO LOW, That cheered me up a little!, to got on his dolly. We did manage to get on with just enough clearance. Got towed up to R&R Developments. Than i got picked up by my brother in law and went back to livingston to meet the Mrs, who wasn't very happy at having her shopping day ruined.

It just so happend that R&R had the engine that was due to go in the Micra sitting there, so that is now in the process of being put into my car!

Overall I'm gutted, but it couldn't of happened in a more convienent place, close to R&R etc. and the luck of have the engine there.

I cannot express how much I appreciate anyone who has helped, Ross and Rick especially! Also Dave for his help over the phone:lol:

So a massive thanks to R&R

Should be going back up on wed to collect!

Kinda gutted I can;t get the engine bay cleaned whilst the engine was out! :( :lol:

gutted for you pal but times like this you thank you own a gti as if it was a n16 dci antthing newer and the total cost could have proper wrecked your day

pffft what you gutted about ya poof, thats only your first fucked sr20.....the cool kids go through at least 3 :D

awesome RRdev thats quite a turnaround!

Yeah fair point! But it's just the thought of it being ripped apart! Never mind build it stronger and better next time! I just don;t know where it went wrong.

It's got great service history and was done not 600 miles ago, no sign of anything in the oil etc??

Yeah fair point! But it's just the thought of it being ripped apart! Never mind build it stronger and better next time! I just don;t know where it went wrong.

It's got great service history and was done not 600 miles ago, no sign of anything in the oil etc??

that is very odd, all you can think is maybe oil pump failure or something. Or just a freak thing who knows....

hang on, you hadn't been getting carried away with the clay bar and cutting products on the internals too had ya?! :tongue:

wow just read and seen the vid, shame but at least you had good peeps to give a hand and least it wont cost too much either mate bonus :)

again thats what i like about people off this club willing to help fella's out, even as big as this :thumbs: to ross etc :)

Actually sounds similar to how my SR20 ended in my old GTi.

Except I was going faster. And it turned out the rad fan wasn't working.

For the oil being 600 miles old it was very black and stinks of petrol. Wonder if its been running rich and has thinned the oil down. Ill see whats what when i get the oil pump and pan off

The engine working overtime to pull the weight of all the wax and stuff you have been putting on it x

Yeah true, I'm not going to speculate too much.

Yeah my drag is got to be less with it being nice and smooth.

Funny thing was I was going to steam clean the engine bay on sat afternoon. So glad I never now. But i'll need to get it looking good again once it's all up and running.

But yet again I can't praise Ross and Rick enough for what they are doing. You just don't expect it from an owners club, but this is what makes this club better/different from all the rest.!! ALC Y0!!

Back
Top Bottom