Mega coolant leak from right under oil filter area (SR20DE)

Yeah seen some steam today,pulled over pulled bonnet,turned engine off,then water starts rushing out from the the oil filter area,temp stuck half way all the time.

It must be the coolant pipes right ??

Anybody know the part number for the pipes and prices ?

Thanks.

if it leaks out more it may be the water pump, i had exactly the same issue and thought it was the hose, but it was the pump that shat it's seals

I hope its the pump and not the pipes,as they are a PITA to change,i have done the waterpump before,about 2 years ago,but it was a cheapo.TBH the water seems to be running down from above it,but i have not had a proper look as yet,in the morning i will get it on the stands and have a look.

When i refill the rad,water pisses out right away and fast,engine running or not.

Probably one of the rear rubber hoses, they are getting to the age now where they will start splitting, Ive had 2 go in a week.

Well i am going to pull the mani now and see where i get to today,i have a look early on,and it looked like the little hose going to the water pump.

I have been told i also need to remove the PAS pump also to do this job ??

There aren't any hoses to the water pump?
if you need to change the water pump, you can remove it without taking off the PS pump. Just slacken it off to remove the belt as you would an alternator belt.
I'd whip the front wheel off and get the arch liner out, you'll be able to see more.
If it's the water pump, remove the engine mount and you can jack the engine up and down to access the bolts.

I have already removed the upper mani,lossen the bolts ready for the lower half,but guess what,yeah it raining as it always does when i am doing a job on the car :mad:

It is deffo the short hose(about 3 inch long) right under the oil filter area that is leaking big time.

So since i have removed the intake nearly i am going to replace all them hoses at the back with some new hoses and make the job worth it,will also clean the mani itself but is already clean even with all the miles on it.

I think i have removed all the mani bolts for the lower half yet its stuck to the block still at the oil filter end,any reason apart from i might of missed a bolt or nut ???

Haaaahaha.

No chance are you getting the lower manifold off on a lowport. There is one bolt completely obscured and an absolute cunt to get off

Oil filter housing blocks it, that needs removing to get at it if its the same bolt ross is on about.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Right i had a quick look under,only bolts i can really see is the PAS ones,there is so much oil in that area its unreal,its still raining and getting dark,so tools down for today !

Thanks for the help so far,any more is welcome LOL.

So do i need to now remove the PAS pump then oil filter housing next ??

Well check it's not the pump tbh no point doing all that work without a complete diagnosis, start the car and have a torch at the ready, get under it and get someone else to switch it off, coolant will come out quite a bit and be fairly obvious also check then if it is the back hose...if so ha good luck with that ;)

....phone....

I went about looking to fit intake thermal spacers.. it can be done but need to remove the belts then remove PAS unit then remove oil filter housing. All to undo the last impossible to get to last bolt holding the intake manifold in place! In the end decided to leave the job until take head off

Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom