My 'mera GX 1.6

Mate, if you can make a few of the guards I will have one

Good to see you've got to the source of the problem though

Steve

Didn't you say you'd hit something on the way home Ross ? Surely it wouldn't have got all the way from JAE to within a few miles of your house w/out going much sooner ? :confused:

That was my provisional guesstimate, before looking at the car.

There is no way that dent would cause immediate failure if anything so it must of been like that for a while, but as I say it wasn't there Wednesday.

What I thought was me hitting something was the rod smashing the block.

I guess I'll never know what actually happened but ah well. Just looking forward to driving the new and improved gx tommorow. :)

just have to take speedbumps on a 45deg angle, one wheel at a time, passenger first this clears anything which is low :)

SOOOOOO.

fitted the engine on sunday, it fired up second time (battery blew with the engine) so new battery and it fired up immediately.

i noticed a small oil leak today so it was top priority to fix that after work, i was expecting it to be the sump, but fortunately it was just the rocker cover gasket wasnt seated correctly.

i was a little apprehensive about removing the rocker cover as i know nothing about the history of the car, the previous owner bought it at auction and it sat for 2 years with no use.

whipped the cover off and i was shocked to find :

photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

the cleanest SR20 i have ever seen... it is IMMACULATE.

the writing on the cam caps leads both me and sam to think it has been apart and there is a bit of head gasket poking out of the side of the head which looks like metal, not graphite.

rebuild?

welllll.

as most people know, this build pretty much ended on the way back from JAE.

the final nail in its coffin was the electrical problems and the inability to set a good time at shakies, kinda made me feel "whats the point"

so the car is almost stock. all performance parts have been sold pending getting swapped onto the new owners car and it will be getting sold in the coming months once my new car comes up and i can be bothered to solve the electrical gremlins.

so build thread end!

shit sorry mate!

pretty much all my performance bits went to the same person for convenience!

you can get the toyosports for 100 quid on ebay though :)

Back
Top Bottom