My mums 2002 tino SE2 wiper fault

Hi guys,
So my mums got a 1.8 tino SE2 52reg.

The last week or so the wipers have been going wrong (not stopping or slowing down once selected no matter what was done with the stalk. They worked fine when you first use them but once you select higher speed, it's stuck at that until engine turned off.

I removed the stalk to swap to one I got on eBay but it's a different bloody stalk and connector on the back, guessing its from earlier model maybe but I thought I'd have a look at the plug connections and wires to see if I could make them fit. I couldn't and I've got some of the wires in the wrong order within the plug now.
Any chance someone can take a pic of which colour wires go where within the plug or point me to a diagram of it please?

This is a pic of the 2 stalks I've got. My mums original one is the fat one. I didn't realise there was a difference when I ordered
9d9914af7799f4b2c07b3a0a1ddeca11.png

On a side note - her car has burnt oil very fast for a long time. Any suggestion to stop this?

Thanks
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this on my old N16. Replace the regulator thing underneath the scuttle panel, usually nothing to do with the stalk itself.

I had this on my old N16. Replace the regulator thing underneath the scuttle panel, usually nothing to do with the stalk itself.

Where would I get a new regulator? (I'm guessing that's the circuit board underneath?)

The main concern I have now though is that I've mixed up the wiring for the plug and needed to know which colour wires go where in the plug please.

Where would I get a new regulator? (I'm guessing that's the circuit board underneath?)

The main concern I have now though is that I've mixed up the wiring for the plug and needed to know which colour wires go where in the plug please.

Hey sorry, I remembered what was the issue on mine now. The reason they fail to turn off is a problem with the park sensor in the motor, happened a lot with Rover 25s I used to have. You want to replace the whole motor, pretty cheap from scrapyards:

pwipermotor.jpg

(not a Nissan one, but they all look very similar)

Where are you located? There's a walk in scrapyard near me in Derby where you can pick apart cars and have a look at your leisure.

I can't help you with the wiring sorry as I'm away from home and tools until Christmas. Almera Tino, Almera, Micra and probably Primera stalks are very similar throughout these years so you can look at those.

Thanks mate. Motor won't save it now though til the wiring is right again cos nothing is working on the wiper stalk at all.

Anyone have a diagram or pic of the plug so I can see the correct order please?

Back
Top Bottom