My PH2 GTI

its actually 7500rpm stu, dont believe your rev counter dude :lol: but yeh as ian said, you be gravy. cant put a rocker stopper kit on a RR can you? stu's turbo is the RR DE right? rowdy has the RR revving to 7300rpm so im sure an extra 200rpm up to 7500rpm isnt going to hurt :)

Pretty sure the stoppers sit above the back of the rocker that is above the lifter, so shouldnt matter. Idont know what OE springs float at but you should be ok.

Stu don't rev your turbo engine that high, its pretty much stock engine just with pistons, it'll go bang!
You'll either throw a rocker, or the valves will float and hit the pistons!

well the skylineowners.com forum had a rolling road day today and i dont know why i did but i put mt car on the rollers again, it has a dastek dyno so i suppose it made sense really as its the same dyno it was mapped on.

good to know it still has the power, it had 0.4hp less at the wheels but 2.1hp more at the flywheel :lol: torque has gone up 4 lbs/ft though :D

the only things i changed since it was mapped is the intake and messed about with the base timing. check out the dodgy AFR's though, the torque dip is when the intake cam switches as the AFR's go badly lean then when the exhaust switches it comes back down again.

2010_02280011.jpg

2010_02280015.jpg

THE END,

for me anyway. shes officially not mine anymore, had a massive lump in my throat when some other daniel drove off in it, but dan is continuing where i left off and my old baby only gets better from now on

2010_03160001.jpg

certainly not, rust free low mileage GTi's are very hard to come by, would have been a waste to break it.

a very good price ;-)

Back
Top Bottom