N15 Keys - Help

Hi everyone, I've only got one key for my N15 Almera, it's just a standard NATS key (not a beep beep button style one) and I would like to get another one as a spare.

Does anyone have any ideas where to get a spare key cut and programmed while I wait? I can't send the key away as I use my car daily, also I'm on a bit of budget so the cheaper the better. I've already got a blank key off ebay so I'm all ready to go.

Cheers, Ed.

sellotape the key inside the car near to the steering column as you can get it.

Get two keys cut and use them.

Nissan will bend you over to program a key.

Hally, what do you mean by sellotaping the key mate? What is that going to do? (Confused lol) :confused:

Also Squeak, I have heard that you can get them done at Timpsons are around £20-£30 so I'd like to see if any members have had a key done there successfully.

Thanks for your help :cool:

nah u cant they havent ot the right codeing tools ive been there before! in other words u eave the coded one in the car and use the non coded one to unlock the car. so if you lose the unloaded one u dont have the trouble of recoding the key again. but i wouldn't risk it personally it will invalidate your insurance if it ever got stolen

nah u cant they havent ot the right codeing tools ive been there before! in other words u eave the coded one in the car and use the non coded one to unlock the car. so if you lose the unloaded one u dont have the trouble of recoding the key again. but i wouldn't risk it personally it will invalidate your insurance if it ever got stolen

ok, well saw the key off and leave the chip in the car!

I know what you're saying, the car won't be immobilised, but you still need to "hotwire" it and/or have a key.

lol soryy about the hijack, short version nissan only for the key to be coded as for the chip in car thing if the chip in in the vechical and its stolen then it will invailidate the insurance, no matter who knows. when /if the car is recovered it will be examine closely. if which it prob will be found then insurance company will say f*** off!

Back
Top Bottom