N16 Audio / Dash / Upgrade

E

eguilain

Hello AOC

Is it possible to install a new aftermarket radio on the following dash?
almerap.jpg

I have seen many posts in AOC with the very famous adapter shown here:
l_03623787.jpg

But apparently it's not for my type of dash. I suppose the goal is to remove the CD player (CY460) to replace it with any given radio (Clarion or Blaupunkt is the best to keep the steering wheel control).
Am I right?
Thanks in advance
EGN

Sorry its not. That adaptor is for the phase 1 n16 (and S, and Pulse model phase 2). There are other options for u and has been covered elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks for the quick reply EDK.
I haven't seen anything covering this type of dash on AOC but I'm not an expert on the search feature :)
I had the same problem on my 2004 Legacy and I had to install a bypass on the antenna wire (Kenwood KCA BT200). Works fine, wery nice audio quality and easy to use (control with a knob).
Can you help me finding a post that can help me?
Thanks in advance
EGN

I search the forum again and didn't find anything with this kind of dash.

Is it really a give-your-money-first-and-see-if-the-forum-can-help-you-then thing here? I don't want to believe it, you can't be right! :lol:

X-car link. Google that :) Alpine's vehicle hub works too but is very expensive. That or rip it all out and install a phase 1 dash.

Thanks a lot EDK.
This version of dash does not appear on the compatibility list of XCarLink.
http://www.carnlink.com/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=xuni&type=48&code_lg=lg_fr&num=1
Not to mention the PDF document where there is no Nissan at all
:eek:nline2long:
Same thing with Alpine
http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/fileadmin/PDF/EN/multimedia-interfaces_07.pdf
No Nissan Almera on the compatibility list.
But you helped a lot: I now know that there is no way I can completely replace the radio. I'll probably go with the same thing I put into the Subaru:
http://www.kenwood-electronics.fr/products/car/accessoires/interfaces_oem/KOS-A210/

EGN

The xcar link has been tried and tested on both the primera and almera so will work mate, no worries there. I think xcar link list for a primera but it's the same kit in both cars, and attaches to the cd changer port. Someone on the club did this with theres and got it working.

The alpine system should work with the primera also, again also the almera then, and uses the vehicle hub with a tv box. This is all off the top of my head but as I said the research has been done before elsewhere on the forum :).

Thanks again for all the input, I can now do a wisefull choice
:)

Remove the cd player, butcher out the hole to accept the new radio, join some iso connectors to your existing wiring so it can be replaced as original again, put in new radio and enjoy tunes.

this is what i have done perfect job apart from gaps either side of the radio if your fussy i suppose some black silicone would make it look tastier, oh and the stalk controls wont work anymore nor the original volume button, everything else is fine

Yeah but then you loose your heating and fan control... it's all integrated you see.

Hows that possible when the controls plug into the radio/computer?

Thank you for this information damienga15de !!
If I understand well, you remove the crappy (and broken) CD Player CT460 and use its ISO connector to plug a new radio? Or do you have to unplug something else on the back of the climat control / audio thing? (if you can't use the standard volume control I suppose it's the second scenario that applies)
Is the ISO connector a standard one for Nissan or did you have to build a sepcial one for the occasion?
I'm sorry for this questions: the Almera is about to have a new facelift and I don't want to remove everything from the dash before this.

* for the stalk controls apparently if you use a Clarion or Blaupunkt with the correct adaptor (I found some references: RCE-235W, RCE-103F, ...) it can still work
* Do you know if a double DIN is possible?

And a stupid question (who said "again"??): is it normal that when you put the radio on there is NO WAY you can have the manual controls of the heating and fan (the controls mapped to the keys from 1 to 6 (fan +, fan -, "mode", ...)?

Thanks again everyone

EGN

Hows that possible when the controls plug into the radio/computer?

dunno it works the finest though, the cd player is just that a cd player, there was a load of wires going in i plugged all out soldered on some iso connectors to the appropriate cable and away it went.

Yeah but then you loose your heating and fan control... it's all integrated you see.

its only the model with the sat nav that is intergrated the SE model is not. I removed my radio/CD player and all the heater controls are still working.

Hello,

I've never posted here before either but I have searched through the forums. I have the same style car dash too but is it possible to fit a standard CD player in the gap below where you currently slide your cds in?

Because I want to put a better CD player in without all the hassle of removing the current one and messing around with it?

If I understood the previous posts well you have 2 options:
* replacing the CD player with a "XCar link" type solution. You keep the factory radio / LCD / wheel controls and the XCar link thing come in replacement of the CD Player.
*you totally unplug the factory radio and replace it with an aftermarket radio. To do so, you have to buy an ISO adaptor that you build yourself (soldering, ...). If you can hafve a radio compatible with your wheel controls it's better (some Clarion & Pioneer if I remember well)

I'm looking forward to be able to grab a screwdriver (as soon as the car has a new dress)

Back
Top Bottom