N16 Nissan Brake Upgrade Options

Standard practice over here in aus is to take 8mm off the diameter for clearance, but 9mm would work too.

Absolute minimum of 6mm needed for enough clearance.

Reactions: edk
Can I also add for anyone with an N15, any of the above options will work for you also.

However, you'll need to also grab a pair of N16 hubs and redrill the hubs to 4x100.

Reactions: edk
Yeah I think it's mostly known that N15 owners can throw on N16 spindles/knuckles. Then obviously any N16 knuckle related mods will work. I leave their tech info to them though lol :D

So you're aware, wishbone might catch the inside of the disc. My passenger side was ok, but not the driver's side for some reason. Swift hit with a lump hammer and it was fixed (but you should probably grind or file it down instead I've learnt!).

Before (new 30mm S14 discs)
20130202_161808.jpg

After
20130202_162602.jpg

and for reference, Nissan S14 4 pot calipers on N16 Almera
20130202_161918.jpg

Last edited:
Hi EDK, can you confirm is OEM 15" can still be used with z32/s14 calipers and 280x30mm rotors from S14?
My winter rubber is on 15"s, so...might be an issue :(
Thanks!

I can't confirm Im afraid i don't own 15" wheels. Should be fine though as S14 has 15" wheels with these brakes.

-phone-

Hi guys, i am new here. But i am an almera mkII hatchback owner and in my country we do not get parts for this car locally. I want to upgrade my front and rear ABS brakes. Like

Sorry i forgot to add that i am looking for a direct replacement kit for the upgrade. Since here in Seychelles we do not get spares from Skylines and S14 so easily. And it is quite costly to upgrade in that manner. Just to give you an example, we only have 2 skylines on the streets here and no S14 lol. So importation is everything when we want to upgrade a car, especially for my European version of the Almera. So are there any proper brake kits for almera hatch n16 yet?

Not yet. Although k-sport and Wilwoods Im sure can do something or do already, but you're talking big money.

As to the yet, I'm working on a larger disc with Tino caliper upgrade. This will be cheaper and probably easier for you to source the parts.

-phone-

Back
Top Bottom