NATS ant-theft system

I replaced an air filter on my car before starting the engine.and then i went to start the car nothing happened. A car symbol with key started to flash. Nats anti-theft is enabled. I tried everything the manual states to deactive it but did not work, every time I turned key the central locking keeps locking and unlocking. I have now nearly drained the battery. Don't know what to do. Is it worth ringing the RAC as I am a member, would they know how to deactivate the anti-theft or could I remove a fuse.. Thankyou Nick

I replaced an air filter on my car before starting the engine.and then i went to start the car nothing happened. A car symbol with key started to flash. Nats anti-theft is enabled. I tried everything the manual states to deactive it but did not work, every time I turned key the central locking keeps locking and unlocking. I have now nearly drained the battery. Don't know what to do. Is it worth ringing the RAC as I am a member, would they know how to deactivate the anti-theft or could I remove a fuse.. Thankyou Nick
I’m getting the same issues on my almera go to start and central locking clicks and won’t start did you get yours fixed

I’m getting the same issues on my almera go to start and central locking clicks and won’t start did you get yours fixed
Sometimes I have similar problems with my 2004 Almera.
When I insert the key and turn it, I hear a click and the starter won't run. When I take out the key and try it again, the starter runs, but the engine won't start (I'm guessing the fuel pump is not running).
But it only happens sometimes. I suspect it have to do something with the battery voltage. Because it usually does this after I ran something from the battery for a longer time (I have a car vacuum for example that runs from the cig lighter).

Taking out the key and re-inserting, and retrying several times usually fixes it for me. After a handful of tries I can usually hear a click again, and I can start the engine.

I know this is not an actual fix, but I hope it helps you a little. Let us know if you could yours sorted out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have an over-sized battery in my car (75 or 80 Ah, can't remember; that's how I got it) it might contribute to the issue, but I'm not sure.

Hi guys on what model do you have this ? is it a N16 ? N15 ? I never got this on mine but i can send u the service manual if you want of the N16

Back
Top Bottom