Naylor's GTI

Yeah so it did end up on Pea's GTi.... Just I know it as that and not Mick's car because I hadnt signed up at that time!

Yea it was Mick (GTi - as he is known on this forum) who did all the modifications on the car before selling it to Pea, as he then moved onto a Civic Type R.

Mick

a few more new ones, really I need to sort this thread out.

newnewones124.jpg

newnewones119.jpg

newnewones105.jpg

newnewones102.jpg

newnewones093.jpg

newnewones081.jpg

newnewones074.jpg

newnewones068.jpg

newnewones066.jpg

newnewones060.jpg

newnewones051.jpg

newnewones043.jpg

Sexy.

If you got a carbon spoiler (somehow :confused: ) i think it'd finish it off! but it is one of my favourite almeras mate, have you got anymore plans for it?

Whats the purpose of your bonnet lifter? Is it functional or for looks?
It looks a bit odd to me, probably cause Im not used to it.

^^ you mean raised at the back, it looks JDM, and is so in fashion, these days. lol

Mine has it also.

Slick Rick said:
Whats the purpose of your bonnet lifter? Is it functional or for looks?
It looks a bit odd to me, probably cause Im not used to it.

purely functional, Ive had it done since I put it back on the road last spring, the carbon instead of absorbing heat and then dispersing it as a metal bonnet would(like a passive radiator), the carbon reflects it back into the bay

as you can see by my engine mods its got quite a few......., thus runs hotter than a standard car would

Ported and polished head, reground valves and skimmed 36 thou(raising compression)
JWT S3 cams
JWT adjustable sprockets
Thermoblock spacers
Fidanza Racing flywheel
ACT HDSS clutch
Ported and enlarged throttle body by Jenvy
Hotshot Gen 4 header
Janspeed baffled decat
2.5" custom exhaust all the way to the back twin boxes with 4.5" tailpipes
PiperX induction kit on custom intake
FSE valve
Dastek Unichip
Uprated HT leads
cooler grade NGK (not GTiR fittment, had to go cooler)
plus all the shiny stuff and samco stuff

had it R/R's the other month, 193bhp, with the cam sprockets adjusted and the map slightly adjusted to run optimum setup with those the 200bhp is cracked I reckon easy

GTi kurt said:
^^ you mean raised at the back, it looks JDM, and is so in fashion, these days. lol

Mine has it also.

sorry bud, it cant 'look jdm' by being modified like that, jdm means japanese domestic market and nissan didnt sell any almeras/pulsars with the bonnet raised like that

K33 ELV said:
Sexy.

If you got a carbon spoiler (somehow :confused: ) i think it'd finish it off! but it is one of my favourite almeras mate, have you got anymore plans for it?

cheers mate, I got a GTiR spoiler last year and wanted to fit that but like many things I never got round to it :O

Dont really have any plans just still thinking of selling up. My lass has offered me her car to make way for a 'normal' car for her, she thinks its a bit mad both having expensive to run impractical cars and taking them both to shows, which she has a bit of a point there really.
The CRX is suprislingly one of the only other cars that Ive drove and liked, and its got a lot of potential for tuning engine and chassis wise, and the more I think and look about the more Im thinking yes I fancy it.

Think about this:

You go to a car show, and another guy (the buyer) takes credit in making the car!
That could be a reality!

Anyway, i thought you tossed those seat ut couse it got to hot in the summer?

I like the raised bonet on some almeras, looks noughty on yours i think.
the only thing missing is making some ekstra ordinary on the arse of the car, like a carbon spoiler or somthing a little unushual.... The front is kind of agressive, and the rear fades in with the rest of the bootsmoothed meras!

Dont get me wrong, I love this car :D

prizma said:
Think about this:

Anyway, i thought you tossed those seat ut couse it got to hot in the summer?

not me mate? thats what the air con is for ;)

prizma said:
and the rear fades in with the rest of the bootsmoothed meras!

yeah coz they all copied lol, was is the first smoothed boot, first painted surrounds, first relocated plate, first smoothed bumper, first twin exit, first.....on and on :lol:
but I know what you mean dude, that's why I had a GTiR spoiler to be fitted, after I saw one on consetts car I knew it would finish mine off

NaylorGTI said:
purely functional, Ive had it done since I put it back on the road last spring, the carbon instead of absorbing heat and then dispersing it as a metal bonnet would(like a passive radiator), the carbon reflects it back into the bay

as you can see by my engine mods its got quite a few......., thus runs hotter than a standard car would

Ahhh!
Learn something new everyday lol.

Do you take them off when you go for your MOT? I heard they are dangerous because fluids can get on the windscreen if something happens in the engine bay...

never had any bother with that, think that was just something that shiny-blue was on aboutwhen going on their tracks over there(which is a bit more understandable knowing that the cars will be pushed to the limits and a front light bump is possible)

Old thread mate :)

When i went to look at naylors old car near kettering when it was for sale a few years ago, the bloke had ripped all the leather boot build out, all the speakers and just left it with nothing in their place :( and the leather rear seats etc just chucked on the floor of a dirty garage. Shame

Back
Top Bottom