New member!

Warm regards from the other side of the world.

Kiwi N15 fan that only just discovered this forum. I am very lucky to own a JDM 1998 Nissan Lucino SR-V Aerosport Autech. Its a hell of a mouthful to say, but this car is so very fast. It has the 180 HP version of the SR20DE on an automatic 4wd gearbox.

Here are some shots of my monster.

I2wq9kJ.jpg

Y2BL2Nw.jpg

(Night time shot, because I'm a poser)

I'm planning to modify the car to OEM+ standard. I'm chasing a look similar to below:

fqalRVQ.jpg

zHNyLPP.jpg

I'm a big fan of having the R32 GTR front bumper. Not sure what color I should choose, but eh. :)

Cheers from New Zealand!

That looks to be a Crazy Hornet front bumper that is a replica of the R33GTR, the proportions to really lend to the N15 imo

Welcome.

Are you sure that it's 180bhp engine? Where have you got this info from?

The earlier highport Autechs are 175 and it's documented what has been done to those, but I've never heard of this one being more power than a normal SR20.

Not saying it isn't true, but would be interested to see the specs.

Welcome.

Are you sure that it's 180bhp engine? Where have you got this info from?

The earlier highport Autechs are 175 and it's documented what has been done to those, but I've never heard of this one being more power than a normal SR20.

Not saying it isn't true, but would be interested to see the specs.

It turns out I got it wrong. :) Power is a comfortable 175 HP from the factory. Its a SR20 lowport, which was introduced in my model year. There is a lot of information and misinformation out there so sorry about that haha.

Attachments

• 1996_autech_autech_b14_01_b.jpg
    1996_autech_autech_b14_01_b.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9
As it's a low port engine I think it will be around 140hp.

I'm led to believe the SRV got the Autech styling parts not the engine.

The highport Autechs had quite a lumpy idle due to the cams used.

I've emailed Nissan Japan directly in hopes of finding out what engine I actually have. If it turns out I have the 150 HP engine, happy days - Its getting an SR20DET.

I've researched the hell out of this car, and there is so much conflicting information. Hopefully, either Nissan or a dyno will put a solid number down lol.

From anecdotal experience, I have a BMW 320i and a 328i, the 2 liter making 150 HP and the 2.8 making 190 HP, and the Lucino definitely accelerates more like the 2.8 than the 2.0.

That's probably down to the gearing and weight difference between the cars more than anything else.

Is the idle of the car smooth?

This is my old Autech Pulsar, you can hear there is a noticeable lope to the idle

Back
Top Bottom