No keys - Help needed

i am looking at buying a silver GTi salvage, only problem it has no keys, whats needed to fit a lockset off another gti and to get it running, alternatively anyone know roughly how much it would cost from nissan for a key and to get it programmed to immobiliser or whatever it needs.

either way i would think you will need NATS reprogramming, which prob ain't cheap from nissan,

and as for gettin lock set and having it programmed from nissan - don't know about an actual figure but i'd be ready to bend over when you ask them!!:eek:

sorry that ain'r much help is it?:rolleyes: i'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will be along soon...

Ur need to get a new ecu, ignition barrel an a set of new transponder keys. U might even need to get new door locks, unless some how you can find a key that,ll fit!!! the only way nissan can code more keys into the ecu is by using a transponder key thats already paired to the car! Dont hold me to this tho m8, but thats what the lexus i work on are like!!

Mate of mine had his Scooby broken into a few weeks ago - they had to fit a new barrel and give him a matching key. Cost about £500 if that helps. But his door locks weren't damaged so he uses the original keys to open up/turn off the immob

either way i would think you will need NATS reprogramming, which prob ain't cheap from nissan,

and as for gettin lock set and having it programmed from nissan - don't know about an actual figure but i'd be ready to bend over when you ask them!!:eek:

sorry that ain'r much help is it?:rolleyes: i'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will be along soon...

Went to Nissan today as I need new key
For re-progamming they wanted to charge me £80, so fitting a new one can't be less

I would go to a key maker place they should be able to take your ignition barrel out and then make a key from that. it would be easier then changing all the locks and ignition barrel. once you got the key all you need is to program it :)

my key operates a basic GX model, no NATS or immobilisers or any of that nonsense. Its basically just a piece of metal with no electronics. How much would they charge me for a replacement key of this type?

i am looking at buying a silver GTi salvage, only problem it has no keys, whats needed to fit a lockset off another gti and to get it running, alternatively anyone know roughly how much it would cost from nissan for a key and to get it programmed to immobiliser or whatever it needs.

new key from nissan and coded that will get the car running

alarm wise, new control unit which comes with the master fob and new normal alarm fobs

thats all youll need, just take the reg number and chasie number to nissan and your sorted

I would go to a key maker place they should be able to take your ignition barrel out and then make a key from that. it would be easier then changing all the locks and ignition barrel. once you got the key all you need is to program it :)

youll fnd that key makers cant code phase 2 keys!

rite mate i get my keys done for 15 quid as my dad works for nissan but i dont think he will fancy going on a long journey just to do a forigner but hey will vary between 30 and 50 quid i think

Or you could find a smashed up GTi and get the locks, ign barrel, keys and ECU off it. No need for new parts as its pre-programmed.

just get a key from nissan and get it coded to the car thats it to get it started if ya want remote central lockin then u need to buy a control unit which aint cheap take ur reg number and v5 to any nissan garage and they will do it all 4 ya its not as much hassle as ppl think its just abit pricey as its all programmed in by computer

not sure about n16, bearing in mind this was a few years ago lol

A slight aside, is it possible to re-program a key, having another one? I got given three keys with my Almera, but I was told one of them was never coded into the car. Is there a 'trick' like some cars to get the ECU/key to learn the codes?

Cheers.

My mums old N15 had to have several new keys cut (as she kept losing them!) I think it was 25 quid for the key to be cut and 80 quid for the programming, this was at a nissan dealer and a few years ago! And for the key only - as it didn't have remote locking

Back
Top Bottom