One off Almera gti on pistonheads £3,250

It's alright coming from a bunch of Almera geeks, that lad might be a keen trainspotter. How well could we describe a 1930's Loco if we got it passed on from a friend who was too ill to drive it?

Fair point :thumb:.

But he knows enough to say "phase #" so he must have got his facts from somewhere.

aww that's really sad, poor bloke and his family...
the car black and red me like but not sure where he's decided to change it e.g should have had IMO the front splitter in black too (so the lines match up better) and perhaps more of the top end of the boot in black (looks a bit weird from the black) but each to their own and all that crap..
what's going on with the left headlight (the cars left not our left) is it just really clean or the way the camera is angled, as it kinda looked like the lens is missing or something?

I dunnoh if id pay that much but 194bhp is not bad at all, good if he has kept the last dyno print out...

Thanks for letting us know G that's really sad news to hear that Dave has died. I hope he got to drive his car. Rest in Peace mate.

I'm saddened by this awful news. I'd always hoped Dave would recover as he vowed to learn to walk again so that he could one day drive his mint motor again. That was his motivation.

For those that dont know who he was, as some of the other old skool boys have mentioned he was a huge part of the beginning of this club and had loads of involvement in our first ever meet. Dave's car was certainly ahead of all of ours in terms of engine mods. I mean today its a piece of piss to source bits due to the hard work of so many individuals over the years. One of those individuals was Dave and i was envious of how dam quick his was compared to the likes of mine, Steve's, Robs, Ross' and Marks back in the day!

I remember travelling down to Guildford just to be taken out in his for a spin, soon after that i ordered my shortshifter and header!

He never drove the car with its updated paintjob unfortunately and although it isnt to many peoples tastes its worth noting that this was done MANY years ago when most of the current owners were still at school so maybe people should have some fucking respect before they slate it??

On a lighter note Dave would a) be turning in his grave at the thought of this being for sale and b) for an ad to be written up about his pride and joy so poorly!

RIP Dave, inspiration to many

I just read this!

Dave was one of the original members of the AOC along with myself, Andy, Naylor, Sparky and a few others.

He was one of the reasons that I went so far with the car originally, after seeing the results with the cams and Gen 5. HS header.

It's a damn shame to hear that he is gone!

RIP dude...I hope you're burning out tyres on a mint GTi somewhere on the other side bud!

I own this car...
first things first- really sorry to break the news that Dave is no longer with us...
secondly- raceworx- you sound like a real wanker...
third- I know I had it over priced- really sorry - did not want to upset anyone with the add.

RIP Dave

That you Robert?

I (Elliot) have put up a thread in the members lounge, you had any interest yet?

I'd post a fresh 'for sale' thread mush.

I just wish things were different, i'm gagging for your GTi...

I own this car...
first things first- really sorry to break the news that Dave is no longer with us...
secondly- raceworx- you sound like a real wanker...
third- I know I had it over priced- really sorry - did not want to upset anyone with the add.

RIP Dave

yes i am a real wanker.. everyone on this site will tell you how much of a wanker i am.. of all the people who posted in this thread it plain to see i am the one being really nasty..

Before the whole whos car it was and the fact the guy had departed.. there were some very very nast comments.. but i chose not to remove mine as at the end of the day as bad news as it is that the owner had died.. the advert for the car was dire.. if commenting on an advert as bad makes me a wanker then im a wanker.. i in no way infered any malice on dave the guy who built the car..

nobody is saying you said anything bad about the builder.

i think the issue is you called the person who posted the ad a bell end, and he has now called you a wanker.

if you called me a bell end id probly call you a wanker as well :p

lighten up zap :)

Hi everyone,
Many thanks Elliot, just to clear up that I had no intention to sell it to any tom dick and harry and have turn away 3 people already to buy it due that I want it to see it in a nice new home where it will be cared for...(not wraped around a pole). Also really sorry about the Bad add I posted on PH really did not want to upset anyone as for raceworx (Ian) I take back the wanker status because you seem like a nice guy but are just picky and direct.

RIP Dave

No worries Rob...

Few pics
RobertsGTiMadders.jpg

BlackandRedGTi-1.jpg

BlackandRedGTi2.jpg

Hi everyone,
Many thanks Elliot, just to clear up that I had no intention to sell it to any tom dick and harry and have turn away 3 people already to buy it due that I want it to see it in a nice new home where it will be cared for...(not wraped around a pole). Also really sorry about the Bad add I posted on PH really did not want to upset anyone as for raceworx (Ian) I take back the wanker status because you seem like a nice guy but are just picky and direct.

RIP Dave

dont worry about it as i said there were a few people said some things and we all felt pritty shit after hearing the new..

i just didnt go back and change my post.. everyone says things they regret.. and those posts are a record of mine

Back
Top Bottom