Red N15 & N16

Hi all finally getting around too doing a thread on my Almeras since im on holiday. today.JPG I've had the GTi as a daily driver since october 2014 edited1.JPG after i wrote off my first n16WP_20141029_004.jpg WP_20141029_002.jpg . I traveled to Nottingham for the N15 after a find on gumtree for 800 buck. its been pretty sweet this far apart from the 5th gear pop-out but was sorted after a new clutch and cable and used gearbox was sourced on ebay luckily. It sailed through its last mot. emissions took alot longer than expected but got there in the end. It is still essentially standard i recently got the pipercross induction kit after the last argos spec one that came with it fell off. im on a tight budget just now tryin to get a small buisness for myself up and running but the main thing is keeping it on the road just now.

I recently ended up with my cousins 3 door 1.5 N16 pulse for 100 buck. i couldnt let it go to the scrappys for that its a red 3 door with a spoiler skirts and spotlights and a good wee engine haha. Its not been treated that well in the last 4 years to be fair. No history in the last 4 year but says it had an oil change at some point so thats kinda good i guess. It has been used as a window cleaning van and a run down to tesco for munchies but it done 70000 miles as a daily motorway commuter with previous 1st owner. it came with 4 snow tires on it full tread and 4 spare continentals in the boot. no been washed in 4 years and the gearbox is mashed from him slipping the clutch slightly with his boot whilst driving ive no idea how he made it home because i made it 500 yards and the gearbox stopped the car dead and pished out everywhere and had to be towed behind a restaurant along the road by my mate who was with me. absolute carnage. i thought it may have been the clutch and i could nurse it a couple miles but its like its stuck in 1st and 2nd wont start without dipping whats left of the clutch. managed to get it uplifted for 60 buck 5 days later to my dads mates garage he used to rent for homers he's sound enough just now ive nowhere for it to sit so just as well. so currently on the hunt for a used gearbox. spent today buffing with t-cut and red colourmagic quite chuffed with results so far. it doesnt look so abandoned il get on to the mechanicals after my holiday unless something comes up at the right price. Im gonna keep it going as a window cleaners car it already has the roof rack the plan is to make it pay for itself first.
here it was the day i got it after it broke down with the trail of oil following it
2016-05-29 21.25.28.jpg 2016-05-29 21.25.48.jpg 2016-05-29 21.26.39.jpg n16back.JPG

got more to follow will only let me upload 10 images a time

Attachments

• edited2.JPG
    edited2.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 19
  • edited3.JPG
    edited3.JPG
    492.2 KB · Views: 19
amazing what a bucket and sponge can do still needs a black with a power wash to get the last off the moss away
wash1.JPG wash2.JPG
only managed to buff the front end today was hard going in the sun. started with normal t-cut and went on to a red colourmagic there is definitely a car under there alot of white patches coming in but hard to see in these pics
buff1.JPG buff2.JPG
before & after engine bay
bay1.jpg bay3.JPG
i never thought id find myself owning another N16 especially at the same time as a N15 but for 100 buck i couldnt let it go il get a used box and a clutch in it hopefully thats all it needs and a service it is sorned just now so not costing me anything yet.teamred.JPG

N15 GTi Phase 1

Specs are standard
ph2 headlights/foglights
vzr indicators/ clear side lights
Pipercross induction kit
Uniroyal rainsport 3's on the front very good up here in the winter wear too fast though but under 50 buck a tire cant moan

2015-07-19 13.54.30.jpg 2015-10-23 20.02.15.jpg 2016-05-31 19.00.39.jpg editfront.JPG erseedit.JPG

This is my daily loved every second of owning it. i really should be looking at extracting some more power by now but its still goin along nicely. done 3 services on it since ive had it. new clutch, clutch cable, used gearbox, new diff seals, new cv boots, new pollen filters, new pads and discs done. new backbox to replace the peashooter that came with it. new rear shocks KYB. new regi plates.plans are to get the rear arches sorted out before another winter up here and the sort the bottom ball joints and wishbones Edinburghs fine roads have knackered.

2016-04-17 12.11.53.jpg 2016-04-15 15.51.41.jpg 2016-04-24 11.36.27.jpg 2016-04-24 11.36.32.jpg 2015-10-25 12.25.35.jpg

The state of that back box man i dunno how i passed my commissions with that hole on the floor side of it the underside wasnt like that. defo a power boost at the low end now no idea who made this backbox but it was ordered to pentland components for me for 60 buck it will more than do just now i like it. also got a bit waxoil done whilst everything was out the way

Back
Top Bottom