Replacing Stereo

Spent quite a bit of time reading the forums and what issues I might face, so really I'm just checking I'm on the correct path here and haven't missed anything.

Brilliant guide: https://www.almeraownersclub.com/th...aftermarket-cd-player-headunit-install.48125/

This applies directly to my 2005 petrol 5DR 1.5L Almera with integrated climate control.

Of course I'm tackling it now and technology has moved on but hopefully the same rules apply.

Have been looking at something like the jvc kd-x352bt

I don't need a cd player anymore, but do need bluetooth. I have checked the dimensions, and looks like it will fit.

So it seems to come supplied with an ISO cable, which as in the guide, I willl cut off the connector and just wire into my Almera's wiring.

Am I missing anything, or should this work in theory?

One odd thing I noticed. I removed the CD player and my climate control still works perfectly. Gotta be a good thing right

I wasn't expecting to find anything, but Dynamic Sounds have recommended this wiring harness: CT20NS04. It looks like it would fit the small connector on the back of the CD player. And assuming the loose black wire is earth, then the larger connector doesn't need to be connected to according to the wiring diagram in the How-To guide above. Saves a lot of cable cutting.
Here is my video on how to install it:

I bought a JVC KD-X352BT stereo and it works great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom