Rob-Gti's Black Autech Pulsar

I'm going to start updating this now as it's been a while...

Took the car for a spin at the weekend and it's developed a misfire at high rpm.
Closer inspection revealed that the Rotor arm has been contacting the Distributor Cap so one of them isn't the right part.
Parts for the Highport are slightly different to the Gti engine so after hours of searching I just ordered the parts directly from Nissan who have to get them from Japan unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll get here quicker than the quoted 6 weeks :(

Ordered new plugs too. P10 plugs were the best match as they need to have a.. 9 gap whereas the Gti is 11

This will start becoming a problem for you now I think, the part the rotor arm clips onto wears and the rotor arm will keep working it's way off.
We had the same issue with Corwins Autech, chewed up about 5 caps/arms until we changed the dizzy.

It may be possible to swap the part from another dizzy as I think it's only held on with a screw.

This will start becoming a problem for you now I think, the part the rotor arm clips onto wears and the rotor arm will keep working it's way off.
We had the same issue with Corwins Autech, chewed up about 5 caps/arms until we changed the dizzy.
I had a good look at it, it doesn't appear worn, however there isn't much gripping force from the spring clip that holds the rotor arm to the Distributor.
I'll try the new Nissan parts when they arrive and if it works loose again I'll have to fork out for a new one.
The Distributor for the Autech is also used on a number of other vehicles like the Pulsar SSS and NX so new ones are still readily available.

Back
Top Bottom