Rusty Door

Dale

Staff member
Anyone else have this problem?

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/daleberridge1/Winddamage180107010.jpg
I decided to get that area back to bare metal and put that brown rust eater primer on , then normal grey primer over the top. It doesnt help that it keeps fecking raining!
Ideally i need to remove the seals and window completely and respray the whole door i think. (or get a replacement door.
This is a temp fix, its not prettyi know, but it will hopefully stop the rust coming back, its just annoying.

Any suggestions welcome to what i should do..

not happened yet on my car, but the bottom of the door has started to rust due to the side skirts hitting the bottom edge of the door, might attack side skirts with grinder tomorrow

you can get away with painting that into the door, no need to do the whole door, good colour to work with

Yeah youre right..white hides a multitude of sins! Ive already sprayed the rear arch and part of the front bumper myself..
heres a pic, see if you can tell...
DSCF0028respray.jpg

scott b said:
not happened yet on my car, but the bottom of the door has started to rust due to the side skirts hitting the bottom edge of the door, might attack side skirts with grinder tomorrow

Aye, I have rust on the bottom corner of drivers door :(

Need to get grinder & sand blaster on the job. Might just pay someone to do it, how much dya think it'll cost me?

Back
Top Bottom