S.C.R.A.P Projects

Corbalicious

Staff member
Sam and Corwin's Refurbished Almera Projects
Seeing as this has started going I'm going to put up a thread so we can keep posting updates on cars we are working on, various projects and developments etc. Hopefully we'll be helping people out, doing work for a lot less than a garage would charge, sourcing parts etc.
From working on Sam's driveway we've moved into our first garage - the entrance road could be a lot better but it's not a bad size and the rent isn't too much. A good starting point.
IMAG0515.jpg

There's a few things I may do like fix the leaky roof, we want to source some cheap shelving for all the parts as concrete floors are not great for storage.

Parked B4 in there to show the size of it.
IMAG0519.jpg

Miriam's awaiting overhaul (Currently being used as a parts donor). We started moving all the various spares we had in.
IMAG0520.jpg

Connor's new GA16DE on the left, waiting for his SRi to be brought in.
IMAG0521.jpg

And a shot from today with B4 being given a spruce up ready for a buyer to come and view it.
IMAG0566.jpg

Currently Ash's GTi - formerly Hally's and my Dad's - is in to have an engine swap, rear brakes fixed, and rear arch welded back up. The engine crane has been retrieved and shall be put to work very soon.
Hopefully this space will give us the ability to stock all sorts of parts, so we'll be able to fix any sort of issue. The only thing lacking is power, so a generator may be on the cards.
One of our main aims is to refurbish N15s, P10-11s, K10-11s and prevent them going down the tube unnecessarily.

Cheers dude, taking some tips from yourselves and RR developments hopefully, at least we're all spread apart so we don't step on each other's toes!
SCRAP was the best acronym I could come up with.

A few previous projects myself and Sam have done:
B1 - was a shed when I got it, had been parked under a tree for a year. Cleaned up, welded and MoT'd.
SANY0010-2.jpg

B2 - returned to standard and given a spruce up, sold to Ash_GTi, later bought back and broken for spares.
Image362-1.jpg

G1 - Sam's green GTi, crashed by his brother, repaired by Sam, sold to Greg
36398_10150217774390711_756290710_13300230_4164955_n.jpg

B3 - breaker used as a donor for Miriam and a load of other cars
38690_10150234461190323_607590322_13537133_5533985_n.jpg

Good stuff.

Best thing me and ross did was get a unit. Soon there will be places all over the uk where members can go to get work done cheaper.

Cheapest way to do shelving is to build it yourself using timber. Metal shelving can end up being costly.

Good stuff.

Best thing me and ross did was get a unit. Soon there will be places all over the uk where members can go to get work done cheaper.

Cheapest way to do shelving is to build it yourself using timber. Metal shelving can end up being costly.

Yeah,

Get yourself some of these,
s0797utilityshelfbracket.jpg
and some wood..

Cheap and easy

congrats on the garage, and good luck with the venture! one thing i will say is if you do go get a petrol/deisel genny get at least a 2000w job, anything less is just a pain in the arse if your running more than one thing at a time

Cheers boys. Think our shelving has to be free-standing because of the tenancy, otherwise I'd be all over the DIY y0

Looking forward to getting my car back as im missing her already!! But have full confidence in Corbs and Sam to do the work thats needed to get the car through its MOT and back to me in a good condition. On that note any news on my car, anything on a engine or whatnot?

Cheers Ash^

Yep, engine is being collected tomorrow (Courtesy of stufa). Have made a start on stripping the engine bay so far, taking friday off to work on it this week :)
Have spoken to our local friendly welder who is up for the job too!

Yep, engine is being collected tomorrow (Courtesy of stufa). Have made a start on stripping the engine bay so far, taking friday off to work on it this week :)
Have spoken to our local friendly welder who is up for the job too!

Shweeeet! How many miles has the engine done not that it matters but is it a p1 or p2 engine. Has it been looked after ie well serviced/oiled. I trust your judgment just wanting info, as tom sri has his sr20 and him giving me lifts to work everyday is pissing me off cos mine sounds better :2guns: But his feels a fair bit faster than mine he does have lowering springs and no rear seats (as you have seen) Just feels a fair whack faster than mine. Probs to do with my engine trying to combust oil fuel and air.

Cheers Ash^

It's a P1 engine, about 115k on it, have been assured it's a runner which is good, but don't know about service history etc. Will go in with fresh oil, and filter.
TBH strippage will make a hell of a lot of difference, but when I drove yours from my house to the garage it felt extremely slow! LOTS of smoke too, and it stank.
Looking to get the engine swapped by saturday and the CV done all being well, then brakes, then metal.

Back
Top Bottom