Seebeebee's P1 N15 GTi

So, for those that don't know, my Blue 1.5 N16 is to be no more. Terminal chassis rust and a kamikaze gearbox has lead to me looking for an alternative, which lead me to...

jdHIOIosKbZ8Z.jpg

j5dkPlw7MRNpi.JPG

jo93DoKxmqisW.jpg

j0BfLQk24rKDY.jpg

This N15 GTi, purchased from another AOC member. I know, a GTi is not the best replacement for a car that's died from rust problems, but despite it being 4 years older than my 1.5, It's in better condition. It's probably the cleanest N15 I've come across, and although I can't compare the driving experience to any other GTi, it goes down the road very well.

So this is me for the foreseeable future. I have a couple of plans for it, but for now I'm just glad to have a car that works.

jbehlFCNVpOZvb.jpg

Out with the old, and in with the older!

Very good buy, great condition this car. Please fit the skirts on the right way though!

Good purchase. Should get you around a bit quicker than that blue thing anyway. I take it this was David Weeks'?

Very good buy, great condition this car. Please fit the skirts on the right way though!

Hadn't noticed that! Will have to swap them round in the next couple of weeks.

Good purchase. Should get you around a bit quicker than that blue thing anyway. I take it this was David Weeks'?

Just a bit! Not far off double the power of the 1.5. I was very fond of my N16, and it was my first car. But this is just better.

And yes, this was David's.

Thanks to everyone for the positive reaction to the car, It's a great engine on a great chassis and I'm really enjoying it!

Gave a quick clean and polish yesterday. Bar the couple of knocks on the passenger door and bonnet, the paintwork came up lovely.

13733560444_69d89a026a_z.jpg

13732423193_24de416eab_z.jpg

Not sure what to do with the damage other than a bit of t-cut and some touch up paint. Will take a look at it before Japfest comes around.

Also looked at swapping the side skirts the right way round, but they seem to be bonded onto the body. Going to require some more work than a couple of bolts!

Nice motor looks like a bargain after the N16 was no longer a viable option.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Amazed how clean it looks for a ph1! Good buy

How do you find the power delivery? I remember going from a 1.6 N15 to a GTi wasn't that impressed at first but once driving it properly high into the rev band it does come alive some

How do you find the power delivery? I remember going from a 1.6 N15 to a GTi wasn't that impressed at first but once driving it properly high into the rev band it does come alive some

The immediate off the line power isn't mind blowing, but compared to the QG15 tub of lard, it feels much more eager. But you're absolutely right, all of the fun (and the noise) is above 3.5k revs, and it doesn't run out of steam all the way up to the red line. The 1.5 had very little grunt, and it all seemed to be in the middle of the range, so you'd find some power, but if you pushed it for too long in the same gear, it would give out on you.

Basically, it's much better!

Back
Top Bottom